BSOD "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" When updating PCI driver and Intel ME

Aug 1, 2018
When I try to update the PCI Simple Communications Driver using the Device Manager and also when I try to download Intel ME using MSI Live Update, a few seconds into the install it will will blue screen with the stop code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. Intel ME is missing from System Devices in the Device Manager.
Recently installed an SSD to store windows and some games and use this in combination with a HDD for the main storage.
I the latest version of windows and windows troubleshooter does not detect any issues except for the fact PCI Simple Communications Driver is missing, and this also causes a crash when trying to update.
I do not get BSOD at any other time than when I try to update this driver, I have swapped the RAM and this did not solve the issue.
SFC did not detect any errors.

Specs of computer:
CPU: i5-4690K
RAM: HyperX Savage 8GB 1866
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB

Windows problem details:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 50
Parameter 1: ffffc28000000000
Parameter 2: 0
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 6
OS version: 10_0_17134
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Solution
What motherboard do you have? Do you have latest BIOS? newer versions of ME may rely on you having newest BIOS.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
What motherboard do you have? Do you have latest BIOS? newer versions of ME may rely on you having newest BIOS.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Solution
Aug 1, 2018

I forgot to update my BIOS to the latest version once I wiped my HDD and moved over my SSD, once I updated it it worked without a bsod, sorry for wasting your time!