BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88004C18D37
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\032811-22620-01.dmp
C:\Users\kirby\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41714-0.sysdata.xml

ok so this is the case i bought this pc and put it together. MB is Asus crosshair IV Extreme, 4x 2 gig ddr3 1600 OCZ 7-8-8 @ 1.35v ram, HT Omega Claro plus soundcard, AMD Phenom x6 1100T cpu,LG Blue ray drive, sony dvd drive, 3 x WD caviear black 1 tb hdd, Thermaltake Toughpower 1000watt PSU. built it was either not posting or get bsod, so i tried each ram in ea dim had some issues replaced ram computer when turned on case lights flash and then it would shut off so replaced MB, this time posted but as soon as adobe flash was installed BSOD anytime i ran any video, and other BSOD's still same BSOD error as posted up top, thought it was drivers for HD 6850s cf so i changed drivers still same issue so i tried 1 6850 and same issue so i went out and bought a EVGA GTX 580 and mind you did clean install of windows 7 64bit( forgot to mention that every time i swapped something out i always did fresh install,) pc worked fine until all of a sudden steam games like crysis would crash on me. so i went to go update drivers then i gott the same BSOD error message. so thouhgt HDD was going bad swapped all them out and did HDD drive test with another computer and installed a new hdd well the other hdd tested fine and my new hdd worked but now anytime i try to install directx or other drivers i get that BSOD. FML what is the deal i thought maybe my optical drive is not reading windows install disk or windows install disk is messed up so i hooked up another DVD drive that i know works and used another windows cd and installled again. hey what do you know BSOD is back. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Someboddy help me i mean what is the deal here i have built 5 pcs and none have any issues except 1 had a mb doa but after that it worked. Microsoft is of no help OBVIOUSLY. so can anybody help me

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
This strongly suggests a corrupted Windows .dll file and one other problem which we will not be able to determine until Windows is properly functioning.

I suggest you do a Windows repair installation, then install HWMonitor, let it run and look for any voltage spikes. I can only guess from this distance, but it may be a bad PSU, which is spiking, messing up components, which will corrupt Windows. It's rare, but I've seen it happen.

JayTeague

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Just as a guess mind you - make sure you check the voltage on the RAM and settings for it in the BIOS. Sometimes when running all 4 DIMMs you need to up it a hair for stability

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007

Frustrating isn't it ?? First of all on thinking about that BSOD , if it were a software problem it would be indicated by a reference to either a dll/sys/ or some other arcane reference to a file, but instead you have numbers which suggests a hardware problem or some software creating a hardware incompatibility or , given the size of the numbers, could be a ram problem,,, two things,get memtest , run it for a while won't take long, OR reinstall Windoze with only 2X2 of ram and ad the other 2X2 after install ...
Anyhow that is how it reads from here,& after you get Windize installed run it for a while before doing anything with it , I usually install the video first because then I am able to see everything in proper perspective, then the mobo's chipset, your choice,,,,,,,,,,good luck...:)

vapezilla

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
i ran memtest86 4.0 and i ran previous version and let it run for awhile came no errors then i ran it the default or newer version ran for about 5 min then goes crazy with errors. i have replaced ram 2 x and used OCZ which last time i checked was a good brand and on top of that i had same problem so i got a new mb is it possible to get 2 bad sets of ram or mb. I mean it seems highly unlikely. and for windows i have reinstalled using differenc windows disk and different optical drives. i thought it could be corrupted updates from windows but with or without updates same issue. as far as ram voltages in bios ram is 1.35 volts and mine runs at 1.39 volts. i have not watched voltages in psu other then about 5 minutes in bios and nothing seemed to spike. I have a Thermaltake toughpower 1000w PSU and just bought a new Thermaltake toughpower 1200w PSU and have not opened it waiting for a buddy to swing buy and take a gander at rig. On my other forum someone said Thermaltake make horrible PSU is this true he recomended anything else he suggest antec, seasonic, corsair, xfx . i am going to try running 2 dimms of ram. i also noticed alot of people are running 2x 4gig ram where i am running 4x 2 gigs. i wonder if this board does not like 4 dimms configs. and if i solve my problem with the 2 dimm config who makes a good 2x 4gig ram i have always been told to ONLY USE OCZ and OCZ does not make ram anymore

vapezilla

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
yes and i am now starting to beleive that possibly my outlet is not grounded so im assuming that may have diverse effects as all pcs in house on other floors are flawless yet any pc that has every run in upstairs which is where current one resides has never functioned properly

vapezilla

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
YES I DID IT! i figured out issue the long hard expensive way. so the problem did not lie with the computer nor what was between thy chair and keyboard but the problem was appearently my rooms outlets are not grounded. moved pc to another outlet that WAS grounded so far no BSOD or errors. I really appreciate everyones help.