Question BSOD/possible hardware

Feb 24, 2021
Hey guys, I have recently been having a ton of issues with my pc(5 weeks). The issue is where I am doing something semi intensive (ranges from 15 chrome tabs and streaming in discord to call of duty warzone) my pc randomly cuts the display and I have no output. My rgb lights on my ram also freeze. I have looked into event viewer and I think it is a problem with hardware but i cant tell which one. I tried reinstalling windows, reinstalling all the drivers, and I even bought a m.2 so i could reboot back up faster and I installed windows on that and the issue is still happening. I got a new cpu/mobo to see if that was the problem and I got new ram also to try. In windows reliability manager it says BSOD (blue screen of death) yet the issue isnt bluescreening per say it is just going black. I cant tell what the issue is and I am happy to post error codes if someone wants to help me figure it out. Final note, I think the issue has to do with the gpu, cooling, hdd/m.2(m.2 is almost brand new which is weird), or psu. I want to try to narrow it down so I can solve the problem. i dont think I have a virus but it is a possibility. I have also ran virus scans and drive integrity scans. I have tried sfc/scannow, chkdsk, reinstalling all types of drivers, and going through event viewer to try to get some codes. I will post what error codes I have recently gotten.

My specs are:

r5 5600x
gtx 1080ti rog strix 11gb
32gb corsair sl vengeance ram
kracken x62
asus rog b550a
samsung nvme m.2 evo plus (500gb)
tp link wifi card
2x wd caviar
650w evga psu

Error codes:

Reliability manager:
Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎2/‎14/‎2021 9:04 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

1)
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffb20f1aa6a010
Parameter 2: fffff80078c9c188
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 6f4
OS version: 10_0_19042
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Pascal_SCG3D
Server information: 7b6e2ff1-8bee-4171-bb2f-88e1923795d7

2)
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

3)
Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date

Status
Report sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 133
Parameter 1: 1
Parameter 2: 1e00
Parameter 3: fffff80513efb320
Parameter 4: 0

Bucket ID: 0x133_ISR_nvlddmkm!mapInitIntrusive_IMPL

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, I have recently been having a ton of issues with my pc(5 weeks). The issue is where I am doing something semi intensive (ranges from 15 chrome tabs and streaming in discord to call of duty warzone) my pc randomly cuts the display and I have no output. My rgb lights on my ram also freeze. I have looked into event viewer and I think it is a problem with hardware but i cant tell which one. I tried reinstalling windows, reinstalling all the drivers, and I even bought a m.2 so i could reboot back up faster and I installed windows on that and the issue is still happening. I got a new cpu/mobo to see if that was the problem and I got new ram also to try. In windows reliability manager it says BSOD (blue screen of death) yet the issue isnt bluescreening per say it is just going black. I cant tell what the issue is and I am happy to post error codes if someone wants to help me figure it out. Final note, I think the issue has to do with the gpu, cooling, hdd/m.2(m.2 is almost brand new which is weird), or psu. I want to try to narrow it down so I can solve the problem. i dont think I have a virus but it is a possibility. I have also ran virus scans and drive integrity scans. I have tried sfc/scannow, chkdsk, reinstalling all types of drivers, and going through event viewer to try to get some codes. I will post what error codes I have recently gotten.

My specs are:

r5 5600x
gtx 1080ti rog strix 11gb
32gb corsair sl vengeance ram
kracken x62
asus rog b550a
samsung nvme m.2 evo plus (500gb)
tp link wifi card
2x wd caviar
650w evga psu

Error codes:

Reliability manager:
Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

1)
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffb20f1aa6a010
Parameter 2: fffff80078c9c188
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 6f4

Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Pascal_SCG3D
Server information: 7b6e2ff1-8bee-4171-bb2f-88e1923795d7

2)
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

3)
Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date

Status
Report sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 133
Parameter 1: 1
Parameter 2: 1e00
Parameter 3: fffff80513efb320
Parameter 4: 0

Bucket ID: 0x133_ISR_nvlddmkm!mapInitIntrusive_IMPL

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This maybe a hdd issue. Try unplugging the hdds and seeing if the issues presist.

DSzymborski

Titan
I believe i do... I have had the same psu for a while nwo and the issue wasnt there 2 months ago. It has been a recent thing and I havent really made any changes to my pc.

Everything that stops working once was working. Just because a PSU wasn't an issue at some point doesn't mean that it's always not going to be an issue. The only way you can categorically clear a PSU is to either test another known working one or use some fairly expensive specialized equipment.

Feb 24, 2021
Everything that stops working once was working. Just because a PSU wasn't an issue at some point doesn't mean that it's always not going to be an issue. The only way you can categorically clear a PSU is to either test another known working one or use some fairly expensive specialized equipment.
Ah, yes. I forgot to include I purchased a new psu at the sign of "pc shut off unexpectedly due to a power loss". When i purchased it I tested it and it failed... I am currently running in my system a corsair 850w psu. I had a old evga 650w one that was running and it seemed to be doing just fine until I got these errors.

DSzymborski

Titan
Ah, yes. I forgot to include I purchased a new psu at the sign of "pc shut off unexpectedly due to a power loss". When i purchased it I tested it and it failed... I am currently running in my system a corsair 850w psu. I had a old evga 650w one that was running and it seemed to be doing just fine until I got these errors.

Important info! Good to rule it out though.

Feb 24, 2021
Important info! Good to rule it out though.
Yes, Sorry I wasn't clear initially. Like mentioned I have tried using ddu to uninstall and reinstall gpu drivers which seemed to do nothing. I have tried scanning. Honestly at this point I think i would rather cut my losses and buy a new gpu or at least a new part. If you are looking at this whole mess of a situation, what upgrade do you think I should try? or is it too early to call it quits. I am willing to keep troubleshooting but I think I have done every single test I know.