BSOD Problem for years, and very much recently

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Christian_Enright

Commendable
May 8, 2016
I'm having a BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by USBPORT.sys and it's been reoccuring during the game Overwatch. I've had problem previously over the years, but recently only while palying OVerwatch. I've also had problems displaying my minidump files as they're "access denied" and I've tried running it as admin and moving them to a zip file on my desktop so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Have we gotten anywhere? that AMD error is what started all this off, and its still there cause you can't find any newer motherboard drivers.

did you try these: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/find-a-driver.aspx

I know you have an asus but if that link above doesn't help, you could try the AMD drivers located on here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

Its getting to the stage the easiest fix is to buy a new CPU & Motherboard that actually has drivers. That isn't an old pc and yet AMD isn't supporting it.. my Mums Dell has an E7500 Dual Core in it and I could still update 18 drivers on it today... it had been a while between updates though, not sure if it ever got any.

I don't know...

Christian_Enright

Commendable
May 8, 2016

Yeah I've already got an optical drive to make it much easier to install it first time through! Still working on a bit of extra cash before purchasing the parts, but I just wanted to keep you up, still no sign of a fix yet, but there were more crashes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Fri 5/20/2016 10:07:07 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052016-11484-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC000001D, 0xFFFFF801B78A1997, 0xFFFFD00029205FA0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 5/20/2016 10:07:07 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC000001D, 0xFFFFF801B78A1997, 0xFFFFD00029205FA0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 5/20/2016 9:08:06 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052016-11765-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbfilter.sys (usbfilter+0x23C6)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF803513C83C5, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80016B2C5B3)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbfilter.sys
product: AMD USB Filter Driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices
description: AMD USB Filter Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: usbfilter.sys (AMD USB Filter Driver, Advanced Micro Devices).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Sat 5/14/2016 9:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051416-13421-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ladfgss.sys (ladfGSS+0x6F5C)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFD000250F03BB, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8014009AEA3)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ladfgss.sys
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ladfgss.sys .
Google query: ladfgss.sys DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Sat 5/14/2016 12:22:49 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051316-10796-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbport.sys (USBPORT!USBPORT_TxCsqReleaseLock+0x73)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF8006B9C2577, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800662BD8C3)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 5/13/2016 6:08:09 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051216-13718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: e1i63x64.sys (e1i63x64+0x14966)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF8006E7B96C8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800EE76332E)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\e1i63x64.sys
product: Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: e1i63x64.sys (Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh well I guess I just need to replace my motherboard, I really hope this fixes the problem because it's really frustrating to crash so much in the middle of gaming/talking with friends

Christian_Enright

Commendable
May 8, 2016

Well after replacing the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM it's no longer crashing and I've noticed audio fixes as well! Just wanted to thank you for pointing it out, even if we couldn't exactly figure it out (Probably drivers). Anyways thanks again!

Colif

Win 11 Master
ladgfss was: Our database contains 4 different files for filename ladfgss.sys . You can also check most distributed file variants with name ladfgss.sys. This files most often belongs to product Logitech Gaming Framework. and were most often developed by company Logitech Inc.. This files most often have description Surround Filter Driver. This file contains driver. You can find it in the Drivers section of the System Explorer.

I would hope we fixed it with all those upgrades, all the problems were out of date software we couldn't replace. Now its all gone, I hope your pc is better now :)

Christian_Enright

Commendable
May 8, 2016

It is! Very happy to not blue screen whenever I'm just trying to play a game and relax haha. I appreciate all the help you offered, and advice on a new computer, so thanks again! :D