BSoD Problem. Need Help.

Veigan

Honorable
May 11, 2013
This problem just recently occured about 3 days ago. I was running an .exe file, I ran the file again after it happened once and realized it created the BSoD again, so i deleted the .exe and gave up on the installation. Everything was alright until Once again it occured when watching videos on the internet.

KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP: 0x000007A (0xFFFFF6FC4003F8C0, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000B, 0x0000000093FC8BE0, 0FFFFF88007F18000)

this is what i managed to copy, it never created a dump file even after i set the setting to do so, so i had to write everything down.

The BSoD also occured when trying to scan my external hdd for errors.

Please your help will be greatly appreciated.

Note: I did some research and ran chkdsk and said my C:/ was clean I ran anti-virus and fixed issues there, and my drivers to my knowledge are up to date. About 3 weeks ago I upgraded GPU but it I've been running my system fine.

DELL XPS 8300
Intel i5
Nvidia GTX 650
6 GB RAM
Windows 7

Veigan

Honorable
May 11, 2013

I ran Memtest86 my results were so:

on Test 3,4,5 it read 65,535 + error, then after that during the next test it got interrupted saying Halting CPU.

Later i tested with Memtest86+ :
It has ran for 2 passes now without any error being found what so ever. So now i am wondering if it could possibly the hdd?...

I don't think it's your HDD. I assume you have two sticks of ram. Take one ram out of the slot, which leaves one ram into the slot, test it, if you get three passes then it's okay. Now test with the second ram stick, leaving the first one out. Look for the results.....then please reply. Best of luck.

Veigan

Honorable
May 11, 2013

Thanks I ran a good antivirus program and found some nasty buggers (idk if this could have been it), I got rid of them and it has been almost 24 hrs and been doing the same activities that originally would cause me to get BSoD. Running two games, movies, on two screens, internet, etc. no issues what so ever. Of course i will keep an eye out, if it occurs i will run the individual RAM tests.

edit: i will run memtest86+ overnight hopefully getting several passes while i sleep just to be somewhat certain.