BSOD Problems: classpnp.sys, ntkrnlmp.exe, aswsnx.sys, ecache.sys, ntoskrnl.exe

gfel

Honorable
May 11, 2013
Hi,
I haven't used this forum before so bare with me.

Despite numerous occasions of taking my computer to get it fixed, the problems listed above still occur. I've have these computer problems on and off for almost a year so I need some help!

Here's a series of "Crash Dump Analysis" errors that I have found using "WhoCrashed".

I understand that the following info is very extensive but I would appreciate any help!

1) crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini051113-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: classpnp.sys (CLASSPNP+0x5584)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF8D852584, 0xFFFFFFFF8E853A60, 0xFFFFFFFF8E85375C)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\classpnp.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: SCSI Class System Dll
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

2)crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1E)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF8D852584, 0xFFFFFFFF8E853A60, 0xFFFFFFFF8E85375C)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

3) crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini041913-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ecache.sys (ecache+0xA494)
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0xFFFFFFFF830054D8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF859204A2)
Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ecache.sys
description: Special Memory Device Cache
Bug check description: This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

4)crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini041913-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70BCE)
Bugcheck code: 0xBE (0xFFFFFFFF8D941610, 0x6312121, 0xFFFFFFFF8593AC2C, 0xA)
Error: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This is issued if a driver attempts to write to a read-only memory segment.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

5) crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini042713-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x23D73)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF8DA14D73, 0xFFFFFFFF9D657A38, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys
product: avast! Antivirus
company: AVAST Software
description: avast! Virtualization Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software).
Google query: aswsnx.sys AVAST Software KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

Thanks,
Grace

It's possible uninstalling Avast would help but only one entry accuses it of being the problem. If you do try that, replace it immediately with the free Security Essentials from Microsoft's website before you go online anywhere else. To be sure of killing this completely, a fresh installation of Vista or one of the newer versions is the best way forward. Do you have a Vista DVD or a recovery set you made yourself?

gfel

Honorable
May 11, 2013

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I'm currently installing Microsoft Security Essentials, I'm hoping that may fix the problem. Shall I delete Malwarebytes Anti-Malware also?
Unfortunately I don't have a Vista DVD.

So it's nothing to do with memory problems or the USB ports on the computer? I've found that sometimes when my comp goes into BSOD mode, I take out the mouse USB before start up and the screen loads again...

MBAM should be safe to leave in - Avast was the only one to get a specific mention in the dumpreps. After a blue screen event I always take everything out except keyboard video and mouse then only reintroduce equipment one piece at a time.

gfel

Honorable
May 11, 2013

Ok, thanks very much for your help!