semeli66

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016
i know few stuff about pcs so i need ur help for at least figure it out what is the problem!
soo.. i got a bluescreen -tho i havent seen it when my pc turns off by itself. it has happened many times the last days. when pc is starting, i got pop up a window and i got these details.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800599E010
BCP2: FFFFF8800FB4E024
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\062419-15865-01.dmp
C:\Users\tinkerbell\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-142600-0.sysdata.xml

today's time i got same notification..its just different BCP1 and BCP2 but i paste it all in case i havent noticed something.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80092BB010
BCP2: FFFFF8800FAC9024
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\062619-16426-01.dmp
C:\Users\tinkerbell\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-242597-0.sysdata.xml

i know nothing from pc, so plz help me figure it out what it may be -if i can fix it alone-.

My specs:

-Intel 5-2500 @3.30ghz 3.60Ghz
64bit system
-gigabyte H67M-D2, PCI-express max.supported x16
-memory DDR3 (dual -6 gbytes @665.1 MHz)
-Nvidia Gforce Gtx 970 (memory : 4096 Mbytes- type : GDDR5)

Thank u in advance!!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have debugged the first dump file and you can see the report here: https://pste.eu/p/pFHm.html

Summary of findings:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except.
Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.

MODULE_NAME: AtihdW76
IMAGE_NAME: AtihdW76.sys

Common Causes
· Bug check 0x50 can be caused by the installation of a faulty system service or faulty driver code. Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.
· It could also occur after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Some points to consider based on the report:
  • This problem is commonly caused by GPU drivers, what is odd, is you say you are running an NVIDIA GPU but you have AMD graphic modules loaded? Did you have an AMD card previously, and have you been using NVIDIA GeForce to update your current drivers or have you not at all?
    • If you had an AMD card previously, clear all GPU drivers using DDU in safe mode, then reinstall latest GPU drivers.
  • I can see you are running mixed RAM modules, this can also be a common cause of conflict.
  • You have latest BIOS so no issue, however there is a newer Intel Management Engine driver - this driver should be kept aligned with your BIOS. These 2 not being in align is a common cause of problems (Link)
  • You will want to ensure that you remove any overclock you may be running.
Being as this problem can easily be caused by GPU drivers, and the ATI drivers were both loaded AND in the memory stack leading up to the crash, this meant the Debug pointed straight to the ATI driver, so this should be the first port of call.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I ran the dump too and and came up with same results as PC Tailor. It is a bugcheck 50, as he said, usually caused by drivers.

Again, as PC Tailor said, having mixed RAM modules can cause instability issue.

The process named is svchost.exe and the driver is AtihdW76.sys. That driver is most probably what is leading to the BSODs.

I too would suggest you get rid of any AMD/ATI drivers using DDU in safe mode and then see if it still happens. If it does happen I'd completely remove the nvidia drivers and then do a clean installation of the applicable nvidia drivers.

semeli66

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016
Thank u guys so much for the help!!!

I think i had cleaned up the old drivers but maybe not correclty?
It didnt let me get in safe mode now for some reason, but i just clean up the ATI drivers through DDU. Tho, it had passed 2 months or so since i have changed the cards, the last days i have these "bluescreens".

I hope we have fixed it!! I ll let u know if something come up again!!
hopefully arent the rams cuz i have to buy new ones i guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: PC Tailor

semeli66

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016
I managed to do a safe mode to reinstall of my drivers.
Yesterday and today it did same thing tho.. I guess it must be the rams but i only get these rs on certain game (Dead by daylight), idk if its actual my bad or dev's.

((( I tried to upload the new minidumps files , but dropbox doesnt let me >< i can only upload the files till 26 June... When I go for uploading folder,errors are occuring in many files and arent uploading. When im trying to upload one file, i cant upload it cuz windows window says Open and not Upload. And i cant even open it..)))

anw i send u again the file cuz i deleted the previous in case of that was the problem and it couldnt let me upload correctly all the files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h162cq1b750sgjc/AADocmza0uExIhySTWcit4gIa?dl=0

Anw, i found this one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2ilbmw1kfsl6yn/1.png?dl=0

Is this any helpful? :p

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I ran the dump (070319-26473-01.dmp is it?) and it's a 116 bugcheck which is TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery ) process and the driver named here is nvlddmkm.sys which nvidia graphics driver.

Are you overclocking anything CPU, RAM? This can cause TDR errors. Also incorrect component compatibility can lead to these errors such as RAM and timings (maybe the mix and match RAM modules causing this).

Insufficient power can also cause this. What make model is your PSU and how old?

Also maybe the ATI/AMD drivers are not completely cleaned and still conflicting with the nvidia drivers for the 970.

It can also be caused by faulty hardware like the graphics card, motherboard or RAM. If you had not problems before with the AMD card you had it can be the GTX 970.

I sugges checking the graphics card on another system with same driver version to see if the issue is because of card hardware before getting new RAM. Although getting a RAM pack which is guaranteed to work together in the form sold is a good decision regardless of the cause of the problem.

Reactions: PC Tailor

semeli66

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016
Sorry for my delayed answer, I havent done anything yet, as i can see there are so many possibilities for this matter.
My psu is very old, like 10-15 years, so it is likely to be the problem. No matter what, i know i have to change it and the rest stuff :p but if i knew for sure what the problem was, i would buy this part first.
What u are suggesting me is a bit difficult for me, so i have to send the pc for a service to be checked in close.

Thank you for all these important stuff guys! Rly amazing help!
And when i go for service my pc, I will deliver my knowledge from here to them xD
Cheers :hihi:

lynx1021

Distinguished
"My psu is very old, like 10-15 years" It is recommended to change the PSU every 5 years unless it has a 10year warranty. Bad PSU's can cause all kinds of strange problems. You can check your memory with Memtest 86,
Create a bootable CD-ROM, Also an option to run it as a bootable USB
Memtest 86 http://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm
You have to extract it and burn it as an ISO "
Guide to using Memtest86+

https://www.wikihow.com/Test-PC-RAM-with-MemTest86
run it overnight for best results