BSOD randomly and very frequently occurring.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Carshalljd

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Im using the ASUS M4A88T-M motherboard and it ran fine for a year, along with all my other components. But, I recently added in the CORSAIR CX600M power supply and the EVGA Geforce GTX 760 graphics card. They both ran great for about a week or two, and now I am receiving a very frequent yet random BSOD, which prevents me from using the computer for about 45 minutes after the crash occurs. At first I thought that maybe I installed a driver for the graphics card that messed things up so I went in and got rid of it, but the problem remains. Some symptoms that always happen:
1) Once the BSOD comes up, a red LED light comes up on the board(It is labeled DRAM_LED). Reading the manual this has something to do with the memory or DIMM.
2) The screen lasts about 6 seconds, and then the computer seems to attempt to restart, but fails and just remains useless.
3)If I force shut down the computer after the crash happens, and then try to run it again, the red light turns on and remains on. Also, the monitor says its not connected to the computer, and nothing goes to it. In addition the keyboard doesn't turn on, but the mouse and speaker do. This is also exactly what happens when the computer attempts to reset after the crash.

What I've tried:
1) I reset all the BIOS and windows settings by using the built in jumper cable. This fixed the problem for about 5 hours, and I was able to flawlessly use the computer. But, just as it had before, the computer went back into the cycle of BSOD's occurring 5-20 minutes after I start the computer.
2) There is a built in button on the motherboard called the MemOk! I clicked the button but didn't receive much result.
3) I took out my DIMM's (theres 4) and blew on them a bit and reinstalled them. Didn't help.
4) I have done many and very extensive tests and I do not believe the problem is overheating to the CPU. I had a problem in the past with ASUS Autotuner , which over clocked the pc and made it crash from overheating. I fixed that, but it was only a couple weeks before this.
5) I ran the built in windows7 memory test, it said nothing was wrong.

I'm happy to provide any more information needed to fix this problem.

Additional info:
******************************************************************************************************
*****Seems to only occur when I run the application Starcraft II at least once.******
******************************************************************************************************
-I have 2 different pairs of DIMMs. All four are from COSAIR. Each card has 3 different sets of number on it, and the first two are much smaller than the last one. The last number is the same thing on each one and its as follows: CMV8GX3M2A1333C9. On the first pair, the first 2 numbers are: 147990 and 124605630. On the second pair, the first 2 numbers are: 3005251 and 10440545.

*Recent correction: I ran a different game for about 3 hours, worked fine. But then I closed out of it, and reopened it. When the program started the bsod game up again, but this time the LED light didn't turn on and the computer restarted with no problems.

Carshalljd

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Well the blue screens began a week or two after the new parts. Also I just put in some new DIMM chips and the problem persists, so i guess the ram isn't damaged. (Unless all 6 chips happen to be faulty)

Carshalljd

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Sorry for the lack of updates, but I tried many different setups including the changing the PSU and i'm not receiving any results. My last test will be to try and see if crashes in safe mode. If it does, then it must be the motherboard. If it doesn't then it must be a software issue and I''ll take all my important files off and then wipe the data clean.