BSOD scaring me again

jakewat97

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
I was playing Tom clancy's ghost recon today and was feeling a little bit of lag that i hadn't before, so while in game i decided to alt tab and see if my gpu was bottlenecking but as soon as the game minimized my PC went to BSOD and displayed the error msg:
Image254_zpsbbf2081d.jpg

Image253_zps0a39038e.jpg

sorry about the quality of the pictures only had my 2mp phone camera on me. Just click on them to enlarge.

This has also happened to me with mirrors edge and bfbc2 usually when i close the games or minimize them.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

jakewat97

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012

Test my memory? It's about 1-2 months old kingston hyperx 8gb and it doesn't cause problems on more demanding games eg. BF3, Dirt 3 etc. so i'm a bit confused as why it happened to a newly bought game from steam.
PS. it hasn't happened the rest of the day while playing Ghost Recon

It's kicking out the file win32k.sys as a source of the BSOD.

You can try some of the methods found HERE and see if it helps alleviate the BSODs.

As for running memory tests, I would definitely do it whether it is new or not. It could be a defective stick only throwing errors when the computer is barely stressed.

I would recommend creating a Hirens Boot CD and utilize some of the options available to attempt to resolve your issue and run the memory tests.

TRENDING THREADS