[SOLVED] BSOD stop code memory managment

Nov 26, 2020
I am getting BSOD that comes with the stop code: MEMORY MANAGEMENT. So I have tried Windows Memory diagnostic Tool, sfc /scannow and also Memtest86 but these methods didn't solve the problem. I have inserted a memory dump file link below for analysis. Any deep analysis and advices will be appreciated. Help please. Thank you.

Memory dump file

Solution
basically the windows memory manager copied some data from memory (ram) to virtual memory (pagefile.sys) when it needed the data again it copied the data from the pagefile.sys and back in RAM but it detected that the copy was bad and it was having problems getting a good copy from the virtual memory (pagefile.sys)

generally the first thing i would do would be to turn off the virtual memory so the pagefile.sys is deleted, then reboot and turn on the virtual memory so that a new pagefile.sys is created.
you can look at this and select the no page file setting, reboot then go back and turn on the pagefile to get a new one.
it will fix issues where the pagefile is on a portion of the storage that is going bad.

I will look at the...
basically the windows memory manager copied some data from memory (ram) to virtual memory (pagefile.sys) when it needed the data again it copied the data from the pagefile.sys and back in RAM but it detected that the copy was bad and it was having problems getting a good copy from the virtual memory (pagefile.sys)

generally the first thing i would do would be to turn off the virtual memory so the pagefile.sys is deleted, then reboot and turn on the virtual memory so that a new pagefile.sys is created.
you can look at this and select the no page file setting, reboot then go back and turn on the pagefile to get a new one.
it will fix issues where the pagefile is on a portion of the storage that is going bad.

I will look at the memory dump to see if I can see any other problems.
virus/ malware can attack the pagefile.sys and cause corruption, overclocking software can cause corruption of the data as it being moved from the levels of the cache inside of the CPU. lots of potential causes of this problem.
you can also have a drive that is putting out errors. you can google for crystaldiskinfo.exe and download the tool and have it read the SMART data that drive holds about the errors it will also give you an estimate on the drive life.

notes:
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 3600MHz
motherboard:
Manufacturer MSI
Product Z97M-G43(MS-7924)
Version 1.0
BIOS Version V1.1
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 04/30/2014

Solution

I will look at the memory dump to see if I can see any other problems.
virus/ malware can attack the pagefile.sys and cause corruption, overclocking software can cause corruption of the data as it being moved from the levels of the cache inside of the CPU. lots of potential causes of this problem.
you can also have a drive that is putting out errors. you can google for crystaldiskinfo.exe and download the tool and have it read the SMART data that drive holds about the errors it will also give you an estimate on the drive life.

notes:
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 3600MHz
motherboard:
Manufacturer MSI
Product Z97M-G43(MS-7924)
Version 1.0
BIOS Version V1.1
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 04/30/2014

debugger reported 5 errors in you windows kernel file.
you might want to run cmd.exe as an admin and run
dism.exe /online /clean-image /restorehealth
it should repair any files from a known good copy.

the driver list looks pretty good with just some old intel file from 2012
and new DroidCam driver that I don't see often.

looks like you were running a game warframe.x64.exe and it was using 2.5 gb of memory
the system tried to swap out programs to your virtual memory pagefile.sys
and was not able to.
the virtual memory system was having problems
* 407360 kernel stack PTE allocations have failed
* 992275008 kernel stack growth attempts have failed
5016 commit requests have failed
286 pool allocations have failed

the system was attempting to page data to the drive and it could not.
so also make sure you are not running out of space on your drives. generally the pagefile.sys will grow in size if it needs to

the system was attempting to free up memory by compressing the data in memory and then trying to save it on disk. it was this process that detected the modified data from the disk and called the bugcheck. there can be another cause. old drivers or drivers that were written for older versions of windows ones that think it is ok to go modify driver data in memory. The program makes changes but does not realize that the microsoft memory manager has compressed the driver data to save space. The program then writes uncompressed data back and later windows tries to uncompress it again and it detect the change as a memory corruption and shuts the system down with a bugcheck.
i am thinking GameOverlayUI.exe or maybe your droidcamvideo.sys (but not sure if it is the cause)

you should also check to see if your motherboard is still reporting that all of your ram is installed and working.
i see only 1 bank with 8 gb installed (bank 2)
if some memory stick failed it would explain the memory constraint and why the system was pushing everything to disk.

looks like you have a driver using up a huge amount of driver memory. more than your graphics driver.
the pool tag indicates "ismc"
on my system that pool tag belongs to the intel storage drivers
on your system you would start cmd.exe as an admin then
cd c:\windows\system32\drivers
then run the command
findstr.exe /m /l ismc *.sys
it should find the pooltag inside the driver binary and dump out the name of the binary.
in your case this driver is using 10 times more memory that can not be swapped to disk than your video driver

Last edited: