Question Bsod stop code

Bobas1

Reputable
Dec 25, 2016
Hello!

Few days ago i formated all my drives and reinstalled win10. Everything seemed fine.
Then yesterday, i saw new bios version (5407) on asus site, and updated it. All my OC settings got reset, so i started playing with it. I think i used all the settings just how they were before. Again, everything was fine.
Then i wanted to check stability with aida64, and after a few munutes i got BSOD stop code memory management. After restarting, i ran aida64 and got error. After that i tried prime95, just to get error again, but only on my worker4. So i started it again and got the same BSOD again. I've been looking for solutions for hours, but nothing worked.
Things i tried:
-Memory diagnostic tool - no error;
-Disk check (all drives)- no error;
-Check for updates - no luck;
-Crystal disk info - showed 197 relocated sectors on my empty HDD
My gpu drivers are adrenalin 2020. I first updated latest chipset driver.
I'm running out of ideas!

My rig:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/23929245

My OC settings: 3.9ghz cpu (1.4 vcore), gpu is on auto with gfx and soc on 1.1 (maybe i should increase soc a bit?), ram is on 3066mhz (1.39 dram).
Performance boost - off
Global C state - off
LLRC - medium

Any idea if i perhaps did something wrong?

Bobas1

Reputable
Dec 25, 2016
Out of all possible solutions, i didn't try the most obvious one first.
After work, I'm going to revert bios settings back to defaults and see what happens. Is it possible that my previous bios version had better OC potential?

Bobas1

Reputable
Dec 25, 2016
Does it happen when you run the default bios settings?

Perhaps the bios update worked against you and now the mixed memory isn't getting along?

Hey people, when i revert bios to default, i get no errors. I think i was just too aggressive with my cpu and ram OC. I incresased LLC to higher level, and it was better. Also, i had to increase soc to 1.19 and set soc LLC to higher level, and it seems fine.
But I'm not sure is it safe to have soc and vcore so high PLUS setting their LLC to more aggressive?

Last edited:
Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

zx128k

Reputable
Hey people, when i revert bios to default, i get no errors. I think i was just too aggressive with my cpu and ram OC. I incresased LLC to higher level, and it was better. Also, i had to increase soc to 1.19 and set soc LLC to higher level, and it seems fine.
But I'm not sure is it safe to have soc and vcore so high PLUS setting their LLC to more aggressive?

If you update your bios you have to start over with any overclock. BIOS changes affect how voltages are controlled and affect memory stability. There are also micro code changes which affect overclocks as well. It's not a matter of being too aggressive. Even a modest overclock can become unstable.

Sometimes you get lucky and a bios update will work better and you will be able to get a high overclock.

This is why an overclocker will pick the best overclocking bios for a board and never change it. Every time you change your bios you have to run 8 hours of stress testing just to make sure everything is stable.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Hey there.

I'm coming to this thread a little late in the day!

I've a similar system as yours with a similar OC (albeit on a different chip). Having just done the bios update, I can say it does seem a little glitchy and has caused some instability on my rig. Before the update, my rig was Prime95 stable at 1.3v vcore. and has been running like that for 2 years without s single issue. Since the update, not so much. With exact same settings I get shutdowns stress testing at about 75c! So it's very unusual for my system.

The only thing I can see that's changed is the bus speed is much closer to 100mhz, than it was before the update. Typically it would be at about 99.70ish area and fluctuate slightly. Now it hits 99.94-99.96 consistently. This has the obvious effect on the CPU clockspeeds at OC settings. My speed would normally be 3890mhz, now it runs at 3897mhz. It seems this small difference is causing me to retest my OC for stable settings.

To the OP. Your vcore is very high for me. Anyway you can reduce it lower than 1.4v, even at the risk of dropping back 100mhz? Are you using the offset? This helps with OC's. Mine for example is 1.375 vcore, with a -0.075 offset, which is 1.3v. LLC is useful for higher/aggressive OC's as it can help combat vdroop, which can cause instability. However, the higher settings for LLC, can over volt, so watch out for that on high settings. I leave mine on level 2, and it helped my old OC. When I retest, Ill post up some settings to see if they may help you.

TRENDING THREADS