bsod stop fatal c0000021a

Frank McMahen

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
Say, what if, this is a new installation onto a new hdd and you're still getting this bsod stop fatal error. Say you don't have any backups to restore cause it started doing this right after rebooting from windows 7 installation setup. Mind you brand new hdd, brand new installation. First boot stop fatal bsod. No safe mode, sfc /scannow no workie either. Reinstallation not happening. RAM possibly???

Solution
make sure the motherboard bios has the newest bios code for the cpu and ram. in the bios make sure the ram set to xmp profile if it 1600 or faster ram. if your using an intel mb and 4 ram dimms some ram and mb dont work if all four dimm slots are filled. try using two ram sticks or one if your using two stick to see if one of the ram sticks is bad or not seated. check on the mb that the 4/8 pin power plug is connected. if your using a mb that has onboard video try using that to rule out a weak or bad gpu or power supply. on your power supply google the model and see if it a top tier power supply there are some tier 4 or 5 units that can kill your rig real quick. if your trying to install windows on a amd mb and cpu you may have to make...
make sure the motherboard bios has the newest bios code for the cpu and ram. in the bios make sure the ram set to xmp profile if it 1600 or faster ram. if your using an intel mb and 4 ram dimms some ram and mb dont work if all four dimm slots are filled. try using two ram sticks or one if your using two stick to see if one of the ram sticks is bad or not seated. check on the mb that the 4/8 pin power plug is connected. if your using a mb that has onboard video try using that to rule out a weak or bad gpu or power supply. on your power supply google the model and see if it a top tier power supply there are some tier 4 or 5 units that can kill your rig real quick. if your trying to install windows on a amd mb and cpu you may have to make a new slipstream image if you cant do a f6 custom driver install. a lot of times windows iso is missing the chipset drivers for newer intel and amd mb. in the bios check that your sata ports set to achi mode and the hard drive and cd rom are on the intel or amd ports some intel mb have asmedia sata data ports.

Solution

Frank McMahen

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014

Suppose I should have mentioned this is for a laptop, and the problem is happening on both the new and old hdd. Tried each stick of RAM individually in each seat. havent tried new RAM yet. Since I got a bit of sleep, I read your answer again. Looked up tosh's support and burned a compact disc including an update to the bios of this mobo, from 4 years ago. I'm now staring at the lovely recycle bin. Never take that recycle bin for granted. Now onto hours of upgrades.. Cheers.