Question BSOD: Strange things

danipoz

Honorable
May 31, 2015
I had a problem that has been "resolved" but i want to know what really happened. I was on my phone infront of the computer, had opened steam,discord nothing unusual. Suddenly i see a blue light i look up and i see its a BSOD. Windows restarted itself and started an automatic repair after a few seconds got an error that it could not repair it automatically. I went "Exit and enter windows 10" something like that, windows logo appeard and just before the homescreen appeard again BSOD!. i tried chkdsk /r and got an error "write protected disk" then i tried chkdsk c: /r and it started scanning the files, after 20minutes around 50% i got an error saying "unspecified error occured (766f6c756d652e63 470)", then i tried to go into safe mode but i forgot how to, so i started checking around BIOS, and i found out that my boot option 1 was my HDD instead of the SSD where windows is installed, changed it and now windows boots normally without bsod. What could this be???

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
That is strange, I can't wrap my head around why it would just stop reading your OS on your SSD. The only thing I can think of is maybe a lose connection through the SATA cable (unless it is an NVMe M.2). I would just open the computer up and make sure everything is plugged in nice and secure. It might even be worth plugging into a another SATA Port