[SOLVED] BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Crash in 2 minutes of load

Onehate

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
My desktop started blue screening last week, was only doing it once a day or so, I figured I would get to it later.... Go forward to last night and it BSOD, and I rebooted and BSOD again within about 2 minutes of windows load. I went into safe mode, same thing.

I ran chkdsk last night, it ran 4 hours, and upon reboot same thing, I pulled out all but one stick of ram, BSOD, I traded the ram stick BSOD. I went into Windows recovery and tired to roll back the image, and it told me it could not access the file, and try another point...

At this point I am not sure what my next step should be, I can get into DOS and grab the dump file, but I cannot get into the GUI to do anything at all at this point, was looking for some pro help here to avoid reformating...

Cheers all!

Desktop
ryzen 7 3800
MSI Carbon gaming pro x570
64 gigs ram
2080 TI

Solution
take out all sticks except 1, may not stop bsod but it might help

anything on C you want to save? just in case.
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

hard to fix windows if you can't get into it. if its crashing in safe mode its maybe not windows at cause. that can be a sign its hardware

what storage drives do you have?
what power supply?

Colif

Win 11 Master
take out all sticks except 1, may not stop bsod but it might help

anything on C you want to save? just in case.
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

hard to fix windows if you can't get into it. if its crashing in safe mode its maybe not windows at cause. that can be a sign its hardware

what storage drives do you have?
what power supply?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS