Question BSOD: "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" on an HP Notebook - possibly linked to Hibernate/Fast Startup

Jan 30, 2021
Hello.
I've recently been having this issue where I get a BSOD with the stopcode "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" on startup.
After a bit of experimentation, I have reason to believe that Windows loading my session from the hard drive is causing the issue, because it happens only when "Fast Startup" is enabled, or when I boot after choosing to hibernate in the last session. The system works fine otherwise.

Device: HP Notebook 15-af001ax
Processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
GPU: AMD Radeon R5 M330 (Driver version 15.201.1101.0 - the best one according to Windows)

As a footnote, I should probably mention that I tried updating the GPU drivers using the AMD Radeon Software from their website, but I had to rollback, as I started having another issue on any version past the MS-recommended 15.201.1101.0 - a sort of "micro-stuttering" where everything on the screen freezes for about half a second every 3 seconds or so.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thread Stuck in Device Driver"
this is a gpu error, and it almost only happens on AMD GPU.

where you get drivers from? Whose web site?
i would suggest running DDU and reinstall the AMD drivers again

Jan 30, 2021
this is a gpu error, and it almost only happens on AMD GPU.

where you get drivers from? Whose web site?
i would suggest running DDU and reinstall the AMD drivers again
Hello.
I actually reset the PC by formatting everything on C, before which I ran DDU. On reinstalling the OS, I have the drivers that Windows 10 installed by default (the same version mentioned above, recommended as the best drivers). Unfortunately, as before, it doesn't seem to have fixed the issue with hibernation (the system works fine otherwise, as before).