Question BSOD Uncorrectable error

Human_

Prominent
May 29, 2017
Hello,

I’m having trouble fixing my freshly built custom watercooled PC..

Component list:
7700k (delid)
MSI Z270 SLI
GTX 1080ti
32GB Vengeance RGB 3333mhz RAM (2 sets of 16GB bought seperately!)
Samsung 960 pro 512gb
Seasonic 750w prima titanium

Alright,
So the 7700k, 1080ti and 960pro are from my old pc which I dissasembled (worked fine). I delidded the CPU using a safe tool and tested if it worked (booted into BIOS fine). After that i built the rest of the pc and booted it up. I noticed that only 2/4 RAM sticks started to glow and the BIOS recognized only 16GB. After switching some places etc it finally saw the whole 32GB, but only 1 RAM stick is now glowing RGB. Fine, I booted into my old windows (from the SSD) and after around 1-3 mins i got a BSOD.. I thought it was because of the other new components so i formatted the SSD and tried to install windows from a USB. And again after 1-3mins of starting the pc.. BSOD (random moments). The pc is perfectly fine in the BIOS but when i try to load software it crashes..

Things i’ve already tried:
  • Tested booting with one RAM stick (all tried) and in all slots
  • Ran MEMTEST86; no errors
  • Used another PSU with stock cables (because maybe i messed up my cables in the custom sleeving proces)
  • BIOS updated to newest version (since MSI z270 doesn’t like certain RAM i’ve heard)
  • Ran Intel Diagnostic Tool for the CPU and came back with no errors
Now I feel like maybe my RAM is broken, the motherboard is broken (maybe socket or i damages something in the RAM-area?) or my CPU is broken since the delid. I don’t know what to do at this point..

Thanks!

Last edited:

Human_

Prominent
May 29, 2017
Try making this and test CPU - its a bootable version of Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool - http://www.tcsscreening.com/files/users/IPDT_UEFI/

having 2 sets isn't ideal but as you ran with just 1 stick, it may not be cause this time
Hello and thanks for the reply!
I’ve ran the test and no errors found.. is sais ‘intel diagnostic test complete’. So does this mean my motherboard is most likely the issue?

BTW I ran Memtest86 for another 4 hours and not a single error..