Question BSOD under 3D load. Please help!

boxemall

Reputable
BANNED
Nov 2, 2019
My PC likes to give me BSOD's when i start 3D Applications (mostly Games). it happens out of nothing so that i can't track if it's one specific game or an action that causes it.
the error messages i get on the blue screens differ from time to time as well.

i have a memdump (autodump)
the file is pretty large (about 1.3 gig) so i uploaded it to MEGA in hope that someone will be able to help.

link: MEMDUMP

PC-SPECS:

Intel Core i7 6800K

MSI X99A SLI PLUS(MS-7885)

4 x Corsair 8 GB DDR4-RAM

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (Asus STRIX-RX5700XT)

If something's missing just fire away and i'll see to adding it.

thanks in advance!

boxemall

Reputable
BANNED
Nov 2, 2019
actually i had all those ideas as well. so i installed windows brand new and it's inconsistent. i can't tell. it's probably windows itself. i wish we had win7 still...
weird thing is when i start the machine from a linux system (usb) i have no issues whatsoever.

boxemall

Reputable
BANNED
Nov 2, 2019
shot in the dark, but try to disable XMP (if it's on) and see if that helps.

i ran memtest yesterday. i think i have xmp on this board. not sure if it's activated but i'd say yes. but after 4 passes (left it running over night) i had over 300 errors.

would you say that's xmp related? it's corsair and i already contacted them and i'll get new RAM due to lifetime coverage.

what is it about XMP that causes trouble?

regards

ionutnedelcu

Reputable
Oct 5, 2018
i ran memtest yesterday. i think i have xmp on this board. not sure if it's activated but i'd say yes. but after 4 passes (left it running over night) i had over 300 errors.

would you say that's xmp related? it's corsair and i already contacted them and i'll get new RAM due to lifetime coverage.

what is it about XMP that causes trouble?

regards
Some people have reported that to be the cause. I don't know how/why it happens, but if it is related, turning it off might be the way to go.