Question BSoD: Unsupported Processor, Intel 7th gen.

JAwtunes

Commendable
Mar 18, 2017
Hello, I'm looking for some advice.

I have recently replaced a Pentium G4560 & Intel stock cooler with an i5-7600k & NZXT Kraken x52 (AIO water cooler). I have a gigabyte ga-z270m-d3h motherboard (Bios F8d - I think). After removing the stock cooler & Pentium and replacing with the i5 & Kraken I am getting a problem where the PC keeps restarting (auto repair restart) and says that the processor is unsupported. According to the Gigabyte website the processor is supported from the first bios release. Can anyone advise on what might be wrong?

I have tried creating a windows 10 usb install, but it wont run and returns the same, or similar, error (It has said memory management error once and another message too - cant remember that one though).

Thanks

JAwtunes

Commendable
Mar 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I am able to get into BIOS and did select the option to reset (at least I think I did), but I will try this when I get home.

Jan 1, 2020
Hello did you ever figure this out I'm in the same predicament as you. I believe it could just be a bad CPU. I have went and tried 3 different motherboards all with the same issue the 7700k I'm trying to install. I can install Ubuntu just fine but Windowswill not install are Boot and throws a blue screen of death with a unsupported processor issue. Let me know thanks