BSOD upon resuming from hibernation or extended sleep

user6m7

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
I get a BSOD every time I attempt to boot up from hibernation or wake my PC from an extended sleep (more than half an hour, approx.). I am running a completely fresh install of Windows 7 from OEM disc on a brand new hard drive, thus far I have installed all updates available except for the latest ones released on Patch Tuesday.

I installed all drivers that came on the DVD shipped with my PC as well - touchpad driver, network drivers, and the like, although I had trouble installing some communications drivers (InstallShield failed to show up after mfdfSCextracting the files). And I updated all of them (BIOS, chipset, and so on) as soon as I got an internet connection.

sfc /scannow and chkdsk (read-only) do not throw up any averse indications. (Yet.)

Relevant specs:
Dell Inspiron 7520 SE
1TB HDD (note: not the factory installed hard drive, I replaced that a week ago as the original one was beginning to fail)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (installed on a clean hard drive from an OEM disc)

595e6c1d-b976-47c7-9920-d0b622e93c9d

EDIT1: Image isn't displaying, sorry about that - here's the link: https://imgur.com/H5zNuhm

UPDATE: Turns out IAStorA.sys is Intel Rapid Storage. I updated the program direct from Intel (SetupRST.exe) and the BSODs disappeared.

andybgr

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
do a memtest, check if any RAM has errors.

try to change the SATA cable for starters (some small things might make a difference) - it happens to me a lot.

and again try to catch the BSOD code message so we know what cause the problem

user6m7

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017

Thanks for the reply, I ran Dell's diagnostics -- no averse indications as yet w.r.t. RAM, but extended testing on the HDD was stuck for more than an hour. Is that a sign that my SATA cable is about to go?

BSOD code message has been the same throughout: 0x0000007E iAStorA.sys. My first post has a link to an image of the BSOD, below is a link to the latest dump files which I collected through dm log collector.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/osrgz1cxmrcx8jn/USER-PC-Sat_18_11_2017_231719_77.zip?dl=0