• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question (BSOD) Video Scheduler Internal Error from alt tabbing in/out of fullscreen games

Jul 2, 2020
Laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300

Specs:
CPU: 2.2GHz Intel Core i7-8750H (hexa-core, 9MB cache, up to 4.1GHz)
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630; Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5)
RAM: 16GB DDR4 (2,666MHz)
Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) ComfyView IPS (144Hz refresh rate)
Storage: 256GB PCIe SSD

For the last several months I have been having this issue where if I play most fullscreen games, alt tabbing will cause me to get a blue screen with the video scheduler internal error message. I say most because I can play CS:GO, R6, and Apex Legends with no issues. While games like League of Legends or World of Warcraft to name a few will cause this error to happen.

So far, I have tried:

Repasting (temperatures were hot so i tried this, but the problem still persists)
Undervolting
Repairing Registry
Changing HDMI cables
Reinstalling Windows
Factory Reset

In the games that I do get the blue screen in, playing in borderless seems to eliminate the issue, but I would really like to know why this is happening in the first place and just go back to playing games in fullscreen. It is also worth mentioning maybe that since this has started happening, in all games I have been experiencing random lag spikes every so often for a few seconds. For example, in League of Legends, I will have 200 fps (locked) then randomly will go down to 30 fps for a few moments, then it goes back to normal.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS