Question BSOD when booting Windows 10 from USB. New build with no OS. Out of ideas. HELP

Jun 6, 2020
So I put my components together and booted the PC up. BIOS works fine. It recognizes the correct CPU clock speeds and memory. I turned of the PC an plugged in the bootable USB. The gigabyte logo appears, freezes and the BSOD appears with the stop code: system thread exception not handled and it it goes to black until I turn it off manually. I booted the USB from my laptop and it works fine. A friend of mine borrowed me his GPU and memory stick but the same problem emerges.
Fast boot and secure boot are off. It recognizes the the SSD correctly along with the CPU and memory.
I am really frustrated because there is so little I can do. Has anyone had any similar issues?
Is there any point in updating the BIOS?
The only two things that I haven't tried out are the CPU and MB but if there was a problem with them shouldn't the PC not turn on at all?
Here are the specs:
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Gtx 1660 Super
CPU: Ryzen 3 3300X
MB: Gigabyte B450M-S2H
PSU: Fortron 600W Hyper M
RAM: Crucial 1x16 GB 2400 Mhz
Really don't know what to do. Any tips are appreciated

D

Deleted member 2720853

Are you able to reformat the USB drive? If so, reformat it to FAT32 and copy the contents of the Windows .ISO directly to it, don't use Rufus or the like, then try again. I would also recommend alternating between USB slots, specifically the USB 2.0 slots on the back of your motherboard.

Jun 6, 2020
Tried almost all USB ports but no luck. You think that even though the bootable USB works on my laptop that there is a chance that it still wouldn't work on the PC?

D

Deleted member 2720853

Tried almost all USB ports but no luck. You think that even though the bootable USB works on my laptop that there is a chance that it still wouldn't work on the PC?
Could be a possibility. Try the reformatting steps I outlined above and see if the same thing happens. You could also try with a spare USB drive if you have one.

If nothing works, then there's a problem with your motherboard that someone else more experienced will have to help you with.

Jun 6, 2020
Tried everything you said. Still the same problem.
My biggest fear is that the MB is defective and that I would have to return it.
Anyways, still appreciate the help.

Jun 6, 2020
Sorry to say this but that sounds like the most likely scenario...
You may have to look into flashing the BIOS for your motherboard. I would look at the Gigabyte site for your board and see that the installed BIOS supports your processor. Some of the B450 MBs do not support Ryzen 3000 CPUs out of the box. there are a couple of options if this is the case.

Jun 6, 2020
Just checked. My BIOS version is F50. If I understand correctly this should be fine.

Have you checked all of your connections? I just finished a build and had an unrelated issue that was solced by reseating one of my connections.

Have you enabled any XMP profiles or overclocked anything? If so I would put them back to default and try again.

Jun 6, 2020
Have you checked all of your connections? I just finished a build and had an unrelated issue that was solced by reseating one of my connections.

Have you enabled any XMP profiles or overclocked anything? If so I would put them back to default and try again.
Checked all the cables and everything seems fine. From my experience when a cable isn't plugged in correctly the PC doesn't even boot up.
Also as I said everything is new and I haven't touched the BIOS settings. Plus I reset the CMOS battery just in case.

Jun 6, 2020
Checked all the cables and everything seems fine. From my experience when a cable isn't plugged in correctly the PC doesn't even boot up.
Also as I said everything is new and I haven't touched the BIOS settings. Plus I reset the CMOS battery just in case.
Well I will have to bow out to someone with more experience. I feel your frustration. Good luck friend.