BSOD When Booting

danishobbekaer

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
I recently build my first pc and I have been having some issues with BSOD when booting.

It usually happens during the first boot of the day or sometimes just at random when using the pc, but almost always on the first boot. I'll either get the "Memory managment" or "irql_less_or_not_equal" as the error messages. I have been running memtest overnight with no problems so I'm not sure that it is the ram that's causing it.

I have linked 2 minidump files from my last two BSOD in hope that they'll help figuring out what's wrong.

Components list:

Motherboard: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon X370 (Running latest BIOS)
CPU:Ryzen 5 1600 3.9 Ghz
RAM:Corsair VENGEANCE RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz)
Graphics Card: Asus Strix Gtx 1070 OC
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5'' HDD
SSD: Kingston A400 240GB 2.5" SSD
WIFI-Adapter: ASUS PCE-AC56 AC1300

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9r2jsy8skaegs96/MiniDumpfiles.rar

Which version of memtest? Windows version, or bootable Memtest86? Both BSODs are indeed usually memory related. Is your memory kit on the QVL for your board? Ryzen is picky with RAM, and may need some voltage tweaks, such as SOC voltage. Had a Ryzen build myself for awhile w/ a 1700, X370, and 3200. Sold to a relative.

danishobbekaer

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

I just went through the list of supported ram for my motherboard and Ryzen, I can't see mine on the list
What now? D:

Well, its not required to be, it just means your specific kit wasn't tested and validated by MSI with your board. Usually, its not a huge deal unless using a high performance kit where boards and CPUs can get picky. Always exceptions though. Whats the news on Memtest86?

danishobbekaer

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

Just finished the Memtest86 and the pc passed it. My ram was clocked at 2400mhz with 16-18-18-36 timings while doing the test.

danishobbekaer

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

My core voldtage is set to 1.35 V, I have been running aida 64 as stress test with no BSOD.

danishobbekaer

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

Okay I went and used Prime 95 and got BSOD right away irql less or not equal error code, tried it two more times after that with no BSOD.
I also tried Realbench but I get an error saiying I don't have openCL.dll, when I get to that part off the benchmark.
(Update)
I ran Sarah Benchmark and got error 339 on gpu, which is an error from not being able to call OpenCL. Everything else passed.

danishobbekaer

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

Okay fixed the OpenCL stuff, but are still experiencing BSOD. Any other suggestions?

danishobbekaer

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

I don't have after burner installed on my pc tho. I doubt the wacom driver have anything to do with it, I'm using an older version because of decreased inputlag when using my graphics tablet. I've done this on other pc's with no issues ever.
I have no clue about the other 2 drivers.

I've had a handfull more BSOD's the last couple of days, so I'll link some more dump files if you wanna check them out.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/grebipx5pnbjm2p/More%20dumpfiles.rar