BSOD when computer is on idle, Kernel Power 41 [HELP]

saiyakiro

Reputable
May 3, 2015
I am new to asking for help on forums, so I guess I will start by describing my problems. For about an entire week I have experienced BSODs and subsequent restarts after leaving my computer on idle. There are two kinds of BSODs that I have seen.

The 1st which is when I leave my computer idle with nothing downloading. This particular one says CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and restarts immediately.

The 2nd is when I am leaving my computer on idle to download something. When I return it is a BSOD that says that windows has encountered an error and needs to restart and is stuck at 0%, forcing me to hard shutdown.

The first thing that I tried is to do sfc /scannow to fix corrupted system files, but this doesn't work either as it gives me the error windows resource protection has found corrupted files but couldn't fix them.
In order to fix this I have tried the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth to fix the sfc /scannow, but this also doesn't work. It gives me error 0x800f0906.

I have also tried system restore, but that says also gives me an error saying that the system could not be restored. I have used various restore points, but they all fail when I am not in safe mode. I have gotten the system to successfully restore through safe mode but the problem still persists.

I am at my wit's end and am really desperate for help. I am new to asking for help on a forum so please tell me what my next steps for help should be.

Solution
0x800f0906 error indicates a download failure. I would confirm you have a working internet connection and you have space on your drive for the download. if you are using a wireless connection try a wired connection to your router.

hopefully you can look at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log and see what/why the download failed.

-I would be looking to update your ethernet drivers from your motherboard's vendors website. (as a first guess as to the cause of the problem, ethernet driver sleeps but never wakes up correctly)

saiyakiro

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Currently my work around for this problem which seems to be working is to be using an automation program like AC Tool that will prevent my computer from idling.

0x800f0906 error indicates a download failure. I would confirm you have a working internet connection and you have space on your drive for the download. if you are using a wireless connection try a wired connection to your router.

hopefully you can look at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log and see what/why the download failed.

-I would be looking to update your ethernet drivers from your motherboard's vendors website. (as a first guess as to the cause of the problem, ethernet driver sleeps but never wakes up correctly)

Solution