BSOD when gaming

DrAzami

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
So I have had BSODs over the last week, but only when gaming (e.g. BF3, AC4: Black Flag).

I keep getting the stop codes F4 and 7A. Each BSOD is either a KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR or a CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION.

What each crash has in common:

Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0

What I have tried:

-HDD tests using chkdsk /r and SeaTools
-Making sure everything is plugged in correctly
-Prime95 stress testing (my CPU usually gets to 95 degrees Celsius or more within seconds, not sure if normal)

This is my first time building a computer and it is less than a month old. The whole thing ran games for hours on end for the first couple of days.

My Specs:

CPU: i5-4670k
GPU: PNY GTX 770 2MB
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-Pro
Power Supply: Thermaltake 650 Watt
RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8GB

I would really appreciate any help I can get
Thanks!
DrAzami

jammerkPC

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
The first error,KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR , maybe caused by a virus or failing RAM or multiple other things:
This Stop message indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. This Stop message is usually caused by a bad block (sector) in a paging file, a virus, a disk controller error, or failing RAM. In rare cases, it is caused when nonpaged pool resources run out. It is also caused by defective hardware.

The other error,CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION , is caused by this:
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system. When they are terminated for any reason, the system can no longer function.

However, the program you mentioned, ntoskrnl.exe, is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management.

MY CONCLUSION: Your memory is screwed up, try and call support, maybe need to get an RMA.

Check out this thread too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/23643-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html