[SOLVED] BSOD when gaming

Sep 26, 2020
My laptop randomly gets bsod when i game. About 4 to 5 times a day, and different stop code every time. However for the last 4 bsod, it shows me whea uncorrectable error. I tried using sfc/ scannow ,chkdsk and windows 10 memory diagnostic. I also tried resetting my laptop, however the problem isnt solved. I dont think its due to the temp because when i ran 3d mark stress test yesterday, my laptop didnt get bsod. The bsod seems to be very random and frequent, i absolutely have no idea how to fix it. I have updated all my drivers to the latest version, doesnt fix the issue.
model of my laptop msi ge75 9sf
Specs of my laptop
cpu i7 9750h
gpu rtx 2070 laptop
ram 32gb

Solution
I know you have checked RAM with windows memory diagnostic, but on the basis that it sounds like your PC is not generating dump files depsite being set to, I would test your Storage drive and RAM as below (memtest is much more robust than Windows memory diag):

RAM:

Storage:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums!

Please post the dump files onto this thread for us to download and view - here is some info if you are unsure on dump files:

WHEA stands for Windows Hardware Error Architecture and most often is indeed a hardware problem. It can be caused by excessive temperatures leading to a hardware fault also.

What temperatures is your CPU and GPU reaching under load?

Sep 26, 2020
Welcome to the forums!

Please post the dump files onto this thread for us to download and view - here is some info if you are unsure on dump files:

WHEA stands for Windows Hardware Error Architecture and most often is indeed a hardware problem. It can be caused by excessive temperatures leading to a hardware fault also.

What temperatures is your CPU and GPU reaching under load?
I cant find MEMORY.dump on my pc, also i didnt keep in check with the temp. I will check the temp next time i game to see if it is the cause of the crash

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I cant find MEMORY.dump on my pc, also i didnt keep in check with the temp. I will check the temp next time i game to see if it is the cause of the crash
It should just be in your system root / minidump folder. (If it is a minidump) Are you saying the folder or file does not exist at all?

Have you verified Windows is configured (as per the guide ) to create dump files?

Sep 26, 2020
It should just be in your system root / minidump folder. (If it is a minidump) Are you saying the folder or file does not exist at all?

Have you verified Windows is configured (as per the guide ) to create dump files?
Yea, the system is set to create MEMORY.dmp
but I just cant find find either the minidump folder or the dump file
I have hidden items turned on, so I should be able to see all hidden files however, still cant find them

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I know you have checked RAM with windows memory diagnostic, but on the basis that it sounds like your PC is not generating dump files depsite being set to, I would test your Storage drive and RAM as below (memtest is much more robust than Windows memory diag):

RAM:

Storage:

Solution