BSOD when installing AMD Driver

MrInferno

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I have a Radeon HD 5570, I am attempting to install the new AMD Crimson Driver and I get a BSOD, I've tried 3 times because I thought maybe it was a one time thing. It starts "Analyzing" and then PC freezes and BSOD. It said, plug and play detected an error most likely caused by a faulty driver. I've tried re downloading the file several times as well. If I could get some help quick that would be great because I don't have a graphics driver installed (I am on 800x600 resolution).
Sidenote: Windows 7 64bit OS installed

MrInferno

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

The program worked well to remove any residual software. Now I go to install and no more bluescreens, but the Display driver and hdmi driver fail to install. Everything else installs fine, but I can't use the other software because there is no display driver installed. I even tried updating it through the device manager and it starts installing only to fail. It said the "Driver was not intended for this platform", although I downloaded the Windows 7 64bit drivers from amd website which should most definitely be compatible with my system.

MrInferno

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

I've given up on the driver, although it would have been nice to have the newer interface, it's still going to be the same old 5570. I will mark your answer as the solution though because the DDU helped me wipe residual drivers, which led to the successful install of the older driver that I had before. Thanks for the help, I almost thought that I wasn't even going to be able to reinstall the older driver either :).

MrInferno

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I actually used both that were there, both did the same thing; doesn't install display and HDMI driver. Also I did the device manager way of installing it and it said that the driver was not intended for the platform.

J_Chiocca

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012

I hope this is not considered bad etiquette to post on this form since it is older however... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Seriously I had almost given up hope on my computer working again however I used the program you recommended and wala! Thumbs up!