Question BSoD when installing windows 10

Misa245

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
I have a custom build but I keep on running into problems with it. When I first built it, it worked for about 2 months before I ran into the bsod irql_not_less_or_equal. From there the computer would restart and it would instantly give me the same bsod. I decided to wipe my hard drives and reinstall windows. It worked for about 3 months and then it gave me another bsod (the irql not less or equal) after that it would restart and give me the bsod again. I tried to reinstall windows again, but during the installation process it would stop at around 50% and give me a bsod. Half of the time it gave me an irql not less or equal and the other half would give me an error that says 0xc00000f and no matter what I did (use another hard drive, clean the hard drives using the bios menu, removing one ram stick, removing the gpu) it would always give me the same errors. Any help on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try making this on another PC and test the ram - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

as much of the time, if you get BSOD during install it is caused by ram

getting that code during install could suggest its the hdd as well or the USB stick you are using -

Causes of this Error
This error has been known to occur as a result of one or more of the following:

Cause 1: BCD is missing or corrupt
One of the most common causes of this error is the BCD that became missing or corrupt. That could happen because of disk write errors, power outages, boot sector viruses, or errors made while configuring the BCD manually.

Cause 2: File system integrity compromised
For the same reasons, the file system itself may become corrupt or damaged. That happens even more often if one turns off a PC while it is in the middle of writing crucial data to the boot sector.

Cause 3: HDD data cable is faulty
Like all components of our PC’s, hard drive data cables tend to deteriorate as the time passes. If the same cable is used for several years(or even across several different computers), then it might be the cause of periodic read/write errors that can affect the loading process.
https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc000000f-error-read-boot-configuration-data/#Causes_of_this_Error

if its cause 1, for half of the install process that info is on the USB stick, whereas once PC has restarted once, it should now be running off the hdd.
if it is cause 2, you can try running chkdsk on the hdd/USB
if its 3, use different cables.

What are the parts in PC?