[SOLVED] BSOD when launching a specific game?

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
Alright guys don’t make fun of me but a few friends and I thought it’d be interesting to update fortnite to see how the game has changed. After updating and launching the game, my computer crashed with BSOD as it was launching, I couldn’t catch the error code but I checked event viewer and I could see one critical event which stated that “The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly,” and then there was another error saying that the system underwent a bug check. Should this be an issue with my pc or would it be an issue with the fortnite update?

Solution
its not common for exe files (applications) to cause BSOD. just in case it happens again.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we...

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
If other games are working fine, then its the update.
Sounds good, I did have this issue with rust a few months ago, I was in the middle of playing and the game caused a bsod, there weren’t anymore incidents from then to when it happened again today and I still gamed on a regular basis, so it might just be a specific game thing?

Colif

Win 11 Master
its not common for exe files (applications) to cause BSOD. just in case it happens again.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Solution

TRENDING THREADS