BSOD When playing certain games, ntoskrnl.exe

Desmer

Commendable
May 7, 2016
Hello I just recently got a new set of parts for my computer. I've been getting this BSOD from playing certain games (ntoskrnl.exe system_service_ exception).

my specs are:

CPU: AMD FX-9590
MOBO: Asus m5A97 R2.0
GPU: Nvidia 960

I've been trying to figure it out for a couple days now, updating new drivers, performing tests on certain parts, but im not too technically capable so I thought I'd need some help.

I took the last 5? minidumps and zipped them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcqix5vdsqbvj9t/miniDUMPS.7z?dl=0

hope this helps!

Colif

Win 11 Master
I can't read those logs but this can - can you download and run http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it will read logs and create a summary of each error
it may point to the actual driver at fault or just point at NTOSKRNL and act like windows is trying to kill itself

Copy/Paste results in here

Someone with the right tools will read those logs eventually but whocrashed lets us have a peek and see if we can fix anything first :)

NTOSKRNL stands for New Technology Operating System Kernel - think the heart of windows, your pc won't do much without it. It has to deal with all driver requests and often gets the blame for bad ones.

Desmer

Commendable
May 7, 2016

I got that and here are 2 of the dumps:

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050616-42609-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull!NtUserCallOneParam+0x49)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF802D2F36B82, 0xFFFFD00033CE1F80, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kfull.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 5/6/2016 5:54:38 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050516-33765-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+0x14)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801EC0E73A4, 0xFFFFD000521FE678, 0xFFFFD000521FDE90)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be iden

Colif

Win 11 Master
run a program like Driver Booster and see what drivers it finds, the bottom error normally caused by ouytdated drivers. can also try these:

scan for malware, do a sfc.exe /scannow to look for corrupted OS files,
do a chkdsk to look for file system corruptions. Update the BIOS or reset it to defaults and run memtest86 to check for hardware problems with your memory or BIOS memory timings.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2539952/bsod-code-0x1000007e.html

Desmer

Commendable
May 7, 2016

So i've gone through all these now (except the bios update), and now i've come to getting a different dumps now:

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050816-32000-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (win32kbase!EnterSharedCrit+0x4D)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF803AE8C9B82, 0xFFFFD00023290F80, 0x0)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kbase.sys
description: Base Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050816-32296-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull!bSpDwmUpdateSurface+0x4BA)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8034D8D93A4, 0xFFFFD000220A5390, 0x0)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kfull.sys
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Colif

Win 11 Master
win32kfull.sys = Full/Desktop Win32 Driver
Win32kbase = Base Win32k Kernel Driver

whatever it is, it likes beating up windows services.

i get this sneaking suspicion that its your graphics drivers, updated them recently? There were new Nvidia drivers just a few days ago.

Someone will eventually read this that can read logs and find what I am missing,

Desmer

Commendable
May 7, 2016

Updated it a couple days ago yeah, I think right along with the new update. hope someone finds this thread!