Question BSOD When trying to wake new PCs build from sleep

tommyj44

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
Hello good people of toms hardware,

my pc is working perfectly fine (its beautiful how well it runs actually) except i cant put the system to sleep and wake it up, if i do the computer crashes. i tried:

factory resetting the pc (didnt work)

updating drivers

playing with power settings (didnt work but i didnt play around with it too much)

disk repair (didnt work)

system image repair in elevated command prompt (didnt work)

antivirus scan

im praying to god its not a hardware issue. i havent tested the ram yet, ill run the checker 8 times tonight. considering reflashing the bios to my motherboard to see if it helps (its alreay on current version)

also its interesting to note i cant wake the pc with my mouse or keyboard. only by pressimg the power button. hmmm....

any ideas as to what the issue could be? also the crashes havent been outputting memory dump files... odd. not sure how to fix that

anyways, my build:

msi b450 carbon pro ac

Ryzen 2600x

gigabyte gaming oc pro white 2060

corsair vegeance rgb pro 3200 8+8gb

corsair rm750x white psu

fractal design meshify c

id love to fix this issue, i cant enjoy my pc as it is... any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

tommyj44

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
We'd really need to know the detail of the crash itself to be able to help:

Set up dump files as shown here:
https://mywindowshub.com/how-to-configure-windows-10-to-create-dump-files-on-bsod/

Here is a crash log (kernel dump). It said the cause of the crash was USBHUB.SYS when my pc did a BSOD and the error was something mentioning kernel. I am on stock windows right now, and haven't updated any drivers yet

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1No3-3feklLxJ5kNhS0n3jJQkD1YhuzIu

tommyj44

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
Do you have a link to the .dmp files as opposed to the crash log?
This is usually found in the root directory or sometimes C:/Dumps or C:/minidumps
I followed the directions and have enabled .dmp files as the configure article specified but I can't seem to find the files, even when I search my ssd for .dmp. Do you have any idea where they would be?

tommyj44

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017

tommyj44

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
About 95% of the time it's CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. The others mention kernel failure.

I'll try changing the file location in advanced settings and see if it helps.. stay tuned
Still nothing. It's the weirdest thing that the files aren't created. Should i run memory tester next? Or is there something else you have in mind?