Question BSOD When using 2 RAM Slot

Apr 28, 2019
I have a problem with my new PC setup. The setup is assembled by a computer store.

My problem:
Once each day I get a BSOD with the name "memory management" when using my PC. This happens after the PC ran for a while when I start new programs or loading a game. After I got the BSOD I don't get a second one at the same day.
What I have done for now:
  • Updated all drivers
  • Updated BIOS to the latest version
  • Memtest, multiple times with both or only one RAM stick, no errors
  • Chkdisk
  • Tested each RAM stick separately for 2-4 days. With one RAM (4GB) I got not a single bluescreen

Please help me..

That may be caused by using memory that is not compatible with each other.

Memory manufacturers provide a warranty to the original purchaser only that any memory hardware product purchased from an authorized reseller, will be free from defects in material and workmanship, and will operate, as specified by its datasheet, in the operating environment for which they were intended for life.

Since you purchased a new system, your applicable warranty is with the builder.

Reactions: Pixel_spyder
Apr 28, 2019
But was it bought as a match 2x4gb kit or 2 individual sticks of 4gb? This matters.
I don't know but you can check and let me know. I'm attach 2 image of ram stick font and back..
But was it bought as a match 2x4gb kit or 2 individual sticks of 4gb? This matters.
I don't know but i'm attach 2 image of ram stick and let me know.
Please Check this image

Ram Stick 1
Ram Stick 2

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
both ram are same frequency it's 2133 mhz. i'm checked

Unfortunately both your RAM modules are different speeds. One is 2400 and the other is 2133 as other posters have suggested. You PC will downclock one of your RAM modules to run at the maximum possible speed for both RAM modules - I.e. your 2400 is being limited to 2133.

Mixed RAM modules are never guaranteed to work together, even if they are the same make / model / manufacturer. RAM modules are sold in packaged batches for a specific reason, as these are the only ones guaranteed to work together.

• If you have tried both RAM modules individually, and you got crashes whenever you used a specific one, then your RAM module is likely faulty.
  • If you only get crashes when both are put in together, likelihood is the RAM modules aren't exactly cooperating.
  • If you get crashes only when a particular RAM slot is used, then the slot is potentially faulty or may require a careful clean.
But in all fairness, as Sizzling says, if it is a new build, I would take it back to the shop that built it and get them to fix it under warranty.

Apr 28, 2019
Unfortunately both your RAM modules are different speeds. One is 2400 and the other is 2133 as other posters have suggested. You PC will downclock one of your RAM modules to run at the maximum possible speed for both RAM modules - I.e. your 2400 is being limited to 2133.

Mixed RAM modules are never guaranteed to work together, even if they are the same make / model / manufacturer. RAM modules are sold in packaged batches for a specific reason, as these are the only ones guaranteed to work together.

• If you have tried both RAM modules individually, and you got crashes whenever you used a specific one, then your RAM module is likely faulty.
  • If you only get crashes when both are put in together, likelihood is the RAM modules aren't exactly cooperating.
  • If you get crashes only when a particular RAM slot is used, then the slot is potentially faulty or may require a careful clean.
But in all fairness, as Sizzling says, if it is a new build, I would take it back to the shop that built it and get them to fix it under warranty.
Ohk i understood... Thank for all for helping me...Thank a lot

Reactions: PC Tailor

TRENDING THREADS