Question BSOD whenever I start gaming ?

adikumar2010

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Whenever I launch any game and play for 2-3 minutes it crashes the whole PC. This issue only started last month. Also I got my GPU replaced last week, so it can't be GPU. I checked thermal during gaming and it's normal on GPU, CPU & Mobo. PC is little less then 2 years old.

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
Mobo : Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus
RAM : 8GB X 2 A-Data XPG 3200Mhz CL16
SSD : Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2 Gen 3
GPU : Zotac GTX 1660 Twin Fan
PSU : Corsair 550W

Where should I start ? Coz it might be motherboard or CPU or PSU, it's hard to figure out as I don't have 2nd desktop to switch parts & find the faulty hardware.

20210702-115138.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair is the brand of the PSU while 550W is the wattage of the unit. You will need to state the model of the unit. How old is the PSU? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? Have you tried taxing the system with a stress tester, like Siuperposition?

adikumar2010

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Corsair is the brand of the PSU while 550W is the wattage of the unit. You will need to state the model of the unit. How old is the PSU? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? Have you tried taxing the system with a stress tester, like Siuperposition?

It is 10 years old PSU Corsair VX550. That might be the bad apple here. But I don't want to keep buying new parts randomly without being sure.

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2816, 24-Nov-20 Tue

I have not tried any other stress test.

"It is 10 years old PSU Corsair VX550. "

That's where I'd start. (It's possible it is just not capable of the rapidly changing current requirements of the new components any longer...)

(NOTE: WHen you acquire another PSU, do NOT mix/match any modular cables, if applicable, between units)

adikumar2010

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
"It is 10 years old PSU Corsair VX550. "

That's where I'd start. (It's possible it is just not capable of the rapidly changing current requirements of the new components any longer...)

(NOTE: WHen you acquire another PSU, do NOT mix/match any modular cables, if applicable, between units)
I got new Antec HCG750 Gold PSU and I ran OCCT power test which stresses both cpu & gpu at same time.

CPU temps stayed fixed at 90 C as the stock cooler is garbage. Anyways at 36min mark the whole pc froze and I had to force restart using power button.

is this normal behavior ?

Also I am using razer orochi v2 mouse, the cursor on the monitor freezes for 2-3 secs randomly 3-4 times per day and when I press keyboard button to check the system is taking input of keys which means PC is not freezing just the mouse cursor hangs. I tested with other usb ports but same issue.

Does this mean fault is in motherboard?

Update : I ran OCCT CPU test and core 5 is giving errors. I am attaching log also.
https://www.file.io/download/T01Jr98fkyk0

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS