[SOLVED] BSOD while installing windows

Nov 21, 2019
So my computer is about 3 months old and I've recently started getting quite frequent BSODs so I decided to reinstall windows. I completely wiped my SSD and tried reinstalling windows to it but everytime I try I get a BSOD either during the setup or when windows is done installing and I get to the point where I set up my account, choose my location, keyboard layout etc.

I've gotten like 4 different stop codes, maybe more. Here are the ones I remember getting:

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL TO

ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY

PFN LIST CORRUPT

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDELED

Also got a couple of BSOD that said the problem was fltmgr.sys and usbxhci.sys

I've tried installing windows using the same SSD on my laptop and there were no BSODs or anything during the installation and days after the installation.

I've updated the bios and restored everything to default but that didn't help.

Currently I'm running memtest to see if maybe the RAM is causing all of this and while running it I noticed that it doesn't show my memory speed and it says that the chipset is unknown as well as the memory type is unknown. Not sure if that might indicate a problem. However so far 1 pass was successful without any errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

[Picture of memtest] View: http://imgur.com/a/2w3Nq8i

My specs:

Ryzen 5 3600 CPU

RX 570 GPU

16 GB of corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz memory

Gigabyte B450 ds3h motherboard

Last edited:
Solution
A B450 motherboard with a 3600 CPU. Start by ensuring you have the LATEST BIOS. Back your RAM speed back to default. Run MEMTEST overnight to verify stability. Then re-enable DOCP for memory and retest with MEMTEST.
Nov 21, 2019
A B450 motherboard with a 3600 CPU. Start by ensuring you have the LATEST BIOS. Back your RAM speed back to default. Run MEMTEST overnight to verify stability. Then re-enable DOCP for memory and retest with MEMTEST.
Already had the latest bios when I tried reinstalling windows. I'll try leaving memtest overnight, but if that shows no errors, any idea what else cloud be causing the BSODs? Also, do you know if it's normal that memtest doesn't show the memory speed and that both the chipset and memory type are shown as "unknown"?