Pocholo Borlongan

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Specs:
i7 3820
Zotac GTX 760
p9x79 pro motherboard
kingston ddr3 8gb

it would randomly hang while playing dota 2 then show BSOD. then i will restart after that. american megatrends message pops up while booting. last line says. CPU over temperature error. i didnt believe that overheating is the real problem here. i have a beefy air cooler. also stressed test CPU using intel extreme tuning utility. max temp was 87 degrees. did not crash while stress testing. only when i play dota 2 i get bsod other games no. sometime i can get away playing 5 dota 2 matches. sometimes i get bsod on the first game.! using open hardware monitor to see temps.

Solution
driver power state failure basically means a driver told a device to go into a low power state (sleep) then when it told it to wake up it did not respond. Windows then assumes the hardware is broken and calls this bugcheck.

generally, you would update the BIOS or reset it to defaults then update the motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website. If you have add on hardware like a USB wireless device you would update that driver also.

If you have old hardware you might have to go into windows control panel device manager, find the device and disable its power management functions so it does not try to sleep. If you can not figure out what the device is, you could go into control panel and set windows to high performance...

Colif

Win 11 Master
download and run this: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it reads error logs and may tell us cause of BSOD

copy/paste its results in here unless cause is obvious

who crashed is a start but you may want to create a minidump file
Look here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html
Do option one: Configure Dump File Settings in "Startup and Recovery to step 4
and then do step 6

this minidump file can be found in c/windows/minidump
copy file into another location and then upload the copy to a cloud server and share here.

driver power state failure basically means a driver told a device to go into a low power state (sleep) then when it told it to wake up it did not respond. Windows then assumes the hardware is broken and calls this bugcheck.

generally, you would update the BIOS or reset it to defaults then update the motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website. If you have add on hardware like a USB wireless device you would update that driver also.

If you have old hardware you might have to go into windows control panel device manager, find the device and disable its power management functions so it does not try to sleep. If you can not figure out what the device is, you could go into control panel and set windows to high performance mode so no devices are told to sleep. (not very good for laptops)

you can also start cmd.exe as an admin, then run
powercfg.exe /energy
this will run a test on your hardware and make a report, take a look at what it says, it might help identify what is not responding correctly to sleep requests.

Solution