[SOLVED] BSOD while trying to install win 10

Jun 9, 2020
I need help when I try to install windows 10 I get blue screen of death, and there is always another stop code most usually it's memory management, I tried to switch ssd, didn't work, I tryed to do sfc/scannow blue screen of death appears, tryed to clean cmos didn't work, pls help.

Solution
Are you installing Windows 10 from a CD? or by using the Windows Media Creation Tool? The new Ryzen cpus need the most up to date version of Windows. By going to the Windows Download page and installing Windows 10 installer on a thumb drive fix the most immediate problem provided that you have memory that Gigabyte has tested. Once you are in Windows 10, do not install motherboard drivers from the CD. You will need to go to the AMD support page and download the AMD specific drivers for your mobo. After you have done that, you can go to Gigabyte's support page and download only those drivers which are not included in the AMD Ryzen drivers. There is a lot of bloat included with the Gigabyte CD. Avoid most of it. You will need to...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

other thought. What are the code numbers on the ram sticks?

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Are you installing Windows 10 from a CD? or by using the Windows Media Creation Tool? The new Ryzen cpus need the most up to date version of Windows. By going to the Windows Download page and installing Windows 10 installer on a thumb drive fix the most immediate problem provided that you have memory that Gigabyte has tested. Once you are in Windows 10, do not install motherboard drivers from the CD. You will need to go to the AMD support page and download the AMD specific drivers for your mobo. After you have done that, you can go to Gigabyte's support page and download only those drivers which are not included in the AMD Ryzen drivers. There is a lot of bloat included with the Gigabyte CD. Avoid most of it. You will need to download the app center first. I would then download @ bios and Fast Boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution