BSOD Win 10 ntoskrnl.exe+231de5, need help

32starview

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
I've tried to research this in other threads here and elsewhere but have not been able to figure it out. I get this BSOD at least once a day on a good day. Here is what I have and here is what I have done:

I7 920 with 16 GB RAM
Bitdefender and malwarebytes
Win 10
Dell studio xps 9100 from 2010.
MSI R9 270 graphics card

I have used BlueScreenView to view dump files which is where the above title came from
I have updated the Realtek network adapter to the latest one
I have rolled back the graphics adapter driver to a backlevel one dated 03/02/2016 v15.301.1801.1001
I have run sfc /scannow and no issues found
I have used ccleaner to check and fix any registry issues (none found so far)

Hopefully you can view dump files here
Line 30/31 are the 2 that are highlighted by bluescreen viewer

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by running Windows Update and install all the updates available then test it again.
- If the same problem will persist do a clean install of the graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to check Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the PC once the driver has been installed then test it again after doing all these steps.

32starview

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016

Thanks for the suggestions. I have done windows update and all is current. For drivers, I use driverbooster which claims it updates drivers.

What I have done not, have been thinking about, is to uninstall everything AMD, and reinstall cleanly vs the incremental AMD updates that I have been doing now. I rememer for my sons new laptop that the AMD drivers were causing an issue with him and we actually raised it up to Acer engineering (whether they did something about it is debatable).

I'll do that tomorrow as soon as have a bit of time and will update this thread. Thanks again for the suggestion.

BTW, did the file dmp mean anyhting to you ?

32starview

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
new record, 1.5 days and no BSOD. One tangible difference is that I am not running Speedfan which (so far) looks like it may be a trigger for a BSOD. I used to ahve no issues and fans ran perfecly fluctuating based on temp. Something happened, maybe a short circuit on the fan headers, and fans now run at 100%. I am making a hypothesis that when you have a speedfan driver telling MB to slow fans down, which it cannot do, then maybe a BSOD Bad pool header will happen. Either way, lets see what happens. Will update this in one week...keeping fingers crossed....:)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I only use Speedfan to monitor temps, on my last pc i let it manage GPU fan speed at one stage but that got boring fast. I ignore its ability to change things now and leave that to my bios. Its easier to have that all done auto.