BSOD Win10 64-Bit

Fuzziekiwi

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
Hey, I keep getting BSOD (Win1064bit) when I try rendering a video in Vegas.

Supposedly it is the Asus drivers, which I had uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I also tried an old version as well as the newest drivers and I can't seem to fix it.

I had just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and started having problems.

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (cmudaxp.sys)

Solution
1) Clean Install is a last resort, so no.

2) Uninstalling has apparently confirmed the problem is related to your sound card. Presumably the drivers since I'm guessing it's already been tested before Windows 10.

3) *At this point I guess install the BETA drivers if you haven't already tried them and see if that works. If they still have problems I guess you'll have to look at the Asus forums for your sound card and see if workarounds exist.

In the meantime at least you have onboard sound if the soundcard drivers are problematic.
Since you just upgraded the motherboard it may be an issue with your DDR3 (or DDR4) memory. I suggest running MEMTEST for a full pass (about 30 minutes per 8GB but it does say "FULL PASS" and percent complete.

You may need to change the Boot Order in your BIOS to ensure the USB or DVD boots first.

You an also run the Windows Memory diagnostic which you can get to by typing "memory" into search. It will have you reboot. I just don't think it's as good but if it gives errors then you do have errors.

If errors then it's possibly:
a) bad memory
b) incorrect setup (frequency/timings) in BIOS
c) memory not seated properly in motherboard
d) damaged motherboard

If you get errors then you can try testing ONE STICK at a time (see motherboard manual for placement of a single stick).

Other:
What drivers did you install?

Perhaps try UNINSTALLING them and not install again. Just use whatever Windows 10 provides.

Then, if they were chipset drivers or similar try going to the Intel site and download and run the Driver tool and apply any recommended updates.

You don't necessarily need ever driver or piece of software. In my case I installed Windows 10 and only upgraded my VIDEO driver direct from NVidia (Windows did that too just not quite right and I had to reinstall it).

Fuzziekiwi

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
Asus Xonar DG Soundcard from ASUS' website. And also tried UniXonar as well.
I'll check if its the RAM tomorrow. Thanks for some troubleshooting tips. Video drivers should be fine, I just updated them. I'll reinstall those too.

EDIT: I was running Windows 10 fine before with an FX 6300 and a M5A97 R2.0 mobo and I upgraded to an i7 4690kk and MSI z97S Krait.

Telling me it's the sound card would have helped. Probably it is the drivers for that.

Are they specifically meant for Windows 10?

If you uninstall them does your error go away?

In fact, shut down and REMOVE the card, delete the Asus software, and use onboard sound temporarily (might be disabled in your BIOS). If everything is stable you've confirmed it's your sound card.

Onboard from Realtek.tw follow proper links.

More:
1) Did you do a CLEAN INSTALL of Windows to the new motherboard?

You can't simply swap the drive with Windows on it to a new socket or you get problems. Plus, I'd be surprised if Windows would even Activate.

2) Did you use the Windows 10 Beta driver?
"Xonar DG Beta driver for win 10"

https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Xonar_DG/HelpDesk_Download/

Fuzziekiwi

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

Uninstalled. No problem so far. Should I still do a fresh install of windows 10?

1) Clean Install is a last resort, so no.

2) Uninstalling has apparently confirmed the problem is related to your sound card. Presumably the drivers since I'm guessing it's already been tested before Windows 10.

3) *At this point I guess install the BETA drivers if you haven't already tried them and see if that works. If they still have problems I guess you'll have to look at the Asus forums for your sound card and see if workarounds exist.

In the meantime at least you have onboard sound if the soundcard drivers are problematic.

Solution

Fuzziekiwi

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

Thank you very much. I ended up having more problems with other drivers, I could not get my USB flash drive to work, and things started freezing up so I did a fresh install in the end.