Question BSOD win7 after wake up

38michael

Commendable
Jun 3, 2018
I have a Lenovo Y580 laptop, running i7, 16GB RAM, 500GB mSATA SSD and 1TB HDD.

In the last couple of days I experienced BSOD twice. Both times it happened straight after waking the laptop up from the sleep mode before I could even see the screen.

Under Startup and Recovery, the following settings are checked: Write an event to the system log | automatically restart | write debugging information (kernel memory dump), however, there is no memory dmp file and the system did not restart. I had to turn it off manually.

The error code shown was 0x0000007f.

The system log at the time of both BSODs shows an error ("The previous system shutdown at " " on " " was unexpected."), followed by a critical error: (The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.)

I'm not sure how a shutdown can be unexpected if I only put the laptop into a sleep mode as I normally do and hadn't had any problems with it before.

I'd appreciate any advice on what the issue can be.

Mr.Spock

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
probably due to power management, might be the SSD or some other component was turned off in sleep mode and did not allow a clean wakeup. another possibility - you may have to disable C6/C7 states in bios and let Windows manage the sleep states.

ASK THE COMMUNITY