BSOD Win7 ntoskrnl.exe IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a

Williamsson

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
Hi, I hope I've put this in the correct forum, someone please tell me otherwise.

It can happen when the computer leaves sleepmode, shutting down several programs at once, or by simply having the computer on during the night and then in the morning there's a bsod.

IMO it feels like a RAM issue but I've run memtest86 and it didn't show any errors and I'm all out of ideas. Experts to the rescue? :)

System specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64
8GB RAM

Dropbox to dmp file

Solution
note: your system was overclocked so you can not know if this was a overclocking failure or a driver bug.

------------
looks like cmdagent.exe was reading a file stream from your storage device and it either has a bug or the data stream was corrupted because it tried to write to a bad memory location and forced windows to bugcheck.

I would update your firewall software or McAffee software. if you are using a USB drive, you would want to update the CPU chipset
drivers, and the USB 3.0 drivers. Also update the BIOS if there are any USB fixes listed since your last update.
BIOS Version F3
BIOS Release Date 05/16/2013
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product...
note: your system was overclocked so you can not know if this was a overclocking failure or a driver bug.

------------
looks like cmdagent.exe was reading a file stream from your storage device and it either has a bug or the data stream was corrupted because it tried to write to a bad memory location and forced windows to bugcheck.

I would update your firewall software or McAffee software. if you are using a USB drive, you would want to update the CPU chipset
drivers, and the USB 3.0 drivers. Also update the BIOS if there are any USB fixes listed since your last update.
BIOS Version F3
BIOS Release Date 05/16/2013
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Z87MX-D3H-CF
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Processor Voltage 8bh - 1.1V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 7000MHz
Current Speed 3600MHz

Solution

Williamsson

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
Thanks!
No mcaffee installed, installed comodo on this machine. I'll see if it has a firewall.
There are several external hdds Connected and at least one has been behaving weird. Ill disconnect them and see if that's the issue. I'll Also look into the driver updates. Dont have physical access to the machine for a few months, so bios update will have to wait.

Had no idea it was clocked, shouldnt be.. I'll guide someome with access to it to do default settings.

I'll return when i have an update :)

Williamsson

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

It was one of the external HDDs that caused the BSOD!
Took a long time for me to reply due to me moving to a place with no internet.

Thanks a lot! :)