[SOLVED] BSOD with different error codes on a home build

Apr 9, 2020
This is driving my nuts I have been getting the BSOD since I built my PC JAN 2020. It usually happens while using Photoshop and the Error Code changes each time. The last 3 have been daily now so I'm getting worried. I usually update the graphics driver and make sure everything is up to date and restart and I don't see it again then it happens out of nowhere

I've seen: (In this order)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

EVENT_TRACING_FATAL_ERROR

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

In the event viewer, I have a lot of warnings from

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

I am still using the unactivated windows 10 on my machine so I'm not sure if it is license related.

My system is

Ryzen 2700x

Nvidia RTX 2070 Super

MPG-X570-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200

CORSAIR RM Series, RM650, 650 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply

Any help would be awesome Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
I have not updated the BIOS.. First time builder and was nervous about bricking it from the start. Since it was working till recently I didn't see the need. I used the profile on the BIOS for the RAM but I can try to lower it to the first profile if you think that would help.

gigabyte 2070 super
Just try lowering the memory speed for a while just to see if it helps or not.
Apr 9, 2020
Have you updated your motherboard to the latest BIOS?
Have you tried lowering your memory speed or using your motherboards A-XMP OC MODE?
What is model your graphics card?
I have not updated the BIOS.. First time builder and was nervous about bricking it from the start. Since it was working till recently I didn't see the need. I used the profile on the BIOS for the RAM but I can try to lower it to the first profile if you think that would help.

gigabyte 2070 super

gigabyte 2070 super
Just try lowering the memory speed for a while just to see if it helps or not.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS