BSOD with error codes 0x000000F4 and 0x0000007A

HDR

Reputable
May 7, 2015
I'll start off with my specs: -

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz (Replaced in Jan 2015)

RAM: 2 x 4GB sticks (replaced in March 2015)

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-A (SOCKET 1150) (Replaced in Jan 2015)

Graphics: 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Came with computer in 2011)

Storage: 232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB ATA Device (SSD)(Replaced in Aug 2014) and 298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAJS-22L7A0 (HDD)(Came with computer in 2011, used for storage)

PSU: Corsair CX750 (replaced in April 2015)

Had my computer sicne 2011 and it always worked perfectly. In August 2014 I upgraded to a SSD and put in a newer and better PSU as well as replacing the case. No issues with PC at all and it ran perfectly. In Jan 2015 I had some spare cash and decided to upgrade the CPU and Motherboard. I took the PC to my local shop to have them install these new components for me. They tested it and re-installed windows for me and gave it back. I live my PC on overnight sometimes and when I'd wake up in the morning I'd see that the PC had crashed and restarted. I thought nothing of it and carried on like normal. After a week or two the PC started to crash during use when I was playing a game, browsing the internet or when it was idle. The error code was always 0x000000F4.

I took it back to the shop and they took a look at it and found no errors so they gave it back. As soon as I brought it back it started to crash again so I went on-line and sought help. Someone suggested running some tests so I tested the RAM with MemTest86. At first the test would freeze at 20 minutes until I unplugged my SSD. It then showed I had over 800 errors. I purchased two new RAM and tested them multiple times in different sockets. No errors. However my PC was crashing so I re-installed Windows. The PC was sitll crashing.

I then assumed that perhaps the shop ahd done something and didn't want to admit fault so I took it to another shop. They kept it for 3 weeks and tested it, no errors and no crashes. I decided to dig around on the net more, all the time the PC was sitll crashing. Here are the things I've done.

-Ran MemTest86 at least 10 times. Tested each RAM stick in different sockets and tested the RAM sticks with and without the SSD plugged in. No errors
-Ran SEATools and another Hard-Drive checker, SSD and HDD came up as healthy.
-Made sure the BIOS was uptodate.
-Ran the machine outside of the case with NO GPU.
-Installed Windows on the HDD and removed the SSD.
-Purchased a UPS to see whether it was a pwoer issue
-Purchased a NEW PSU in case it was faulty
-Sent the CPU and Motherboard back to the manufacturer
-Made sure the SSD firmware is uptodate
-Wiped the computer clean and had it running with no extra peripherals
-Changed the mouse, keyboard and screen

I've sent it to two different companies and it has only crashed ONCE for one of them when it was idle. Neither of them can see what the problem is.

I got the PC back this month after one company replaced the PSU and it crashed straight away, I noticed what was causing the PC to crash was a driver from Kaspersky so I used a tool to remove it and it didn't crash for 3 day. It then crashed once a day for a few days until today where it has crashed multiple times.

I've included a screenshot of my BlueSCreenView. I'd include Minidump files but don't know how to upload them here.

http://i.imgur.com/FGqzkUC.png

Please help me as I've spent about £1300 on this computer and can't afford to scrap it and buy a new one.

Solution
a kernel in page error indicates that a driver could not read info from storage.

this can be caused by a bug in the driver, bad cable, errors returned from the storage.
it can also be cause by malware/viruses infecting a storage driver.

memory dump files are binary files, you would have to copy them to a server like microsoft onedrive or mediafire, then post a link to the file.

for this problem I would start by going to control panel and turning off the virtual memory. IE turn off your pagefile and then unhide the pagefile.sys and rename it to pagefile.old, go back and reenable the pagefile so it get created in a new location.

otherwise, I would configure the system to make a kernel memory dump, reboot and run
cmd.exe as an...
a kernel in page error indicates that a driver could not read info from storage.

this can be caused by a bug in the driver, bad cable, errors returned from the storage.
it can also be cause by malware/viruses infecting a storage driver.

memory dump files are binary files, you would have to copy them to a server like microsoft onedrive or mediafire, then post a link to the file.

for this problem I would start by going to control panel and turning off the virtual memory. IE turn off your pagefile and then unhide the pagefile.sys and rename it to pagefile.old, go back and reenable the pagefile so it get created in a new location.

otherwise, I would configure the system to make a kernel memory dump, reboot and run
cmd.exe as an admin, then run
verifier.exe /standard /all
and reboot again and wait for the next bugcheck, then upload the memory dump file to a server and post a link.
use:
verifier.exe /reset
to turn off verifier functions after you bugcheck or your system will run slowly.

Solution