BSOD with NV8 board and second IDE hard drive

webvigator2k

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
I've always had a problem with my NV8 board where it goes into a BSOD when I try reading from my second hard drive. Because of this, I haven't been using it for the past year, but I recently did a Windows reinstall and hoped that would solve the problem...but it didn't. Does anyone know why it would BSOD when accessing the second hard drive? The slave/master settings are correct, so I don't see why there would be any conflicts. They're both IDE ATA-100 drives. Latest nForce drivers are installed.

webvigator2k

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
It's a smaller hard drive, only about 40 gigs. So it's just one partition. It's been a slave in my various computers for the past few years. The RAM is good and I have a 400 watt TGGI power supply, so I think it should be more than enough. I was running 2-3 hard drives on my old system and that was only a 300watt Antec.

What NV8 board do you have? If it's an 8800GTS it will need at least 26A on the 12V rail to run correctly (if I'm not mistaken). What is the Amps on your 12V rail on the PSU? If you can't find it on the side of the PSU than what is the exact make and model of the PSU, so we can look up the specs ourselves.

webvigator2k

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
What NV8 board do you have? If it's an 8800GTS it will need at least 26A on the 12V rail to run correctly (if I'm not mistaken). What is the Amps on your 12V rail on the PSU? If you can't find it on the side of the PSU than what is the exact make and model of the PSU, so we can look up the specs ourselves.

NVIDIA NF4-4X board
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=293

Video card is only an eVGA 7600gs card

TRENDING THREADS