Question BSoD with stop code 0xA0000006 during boot

ThoAppelsin

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
I am getting occasional BSoD with stop code 0xA0000006 as soon as I start up my computer. Happens approximately every 4th time I turn on my computer from cold. Didn't ever happen with a restart or while running. I have been using this PC for a week now.

Relevant specs:
  • Windows 10 Education version 1909
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x570 I Pro Wifi
    • Bios version: F12e (current latest)
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    • Boost clocks disabled in BIOS to keep things silent
  • Graphics Card: Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT
    • Driver version: 27.20.1000.17016 (as reported by DxDiag)
    • I have no idea how to find out the Adrenalin version
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x16 GB BLS2K16G4D32AESC
    • Rated 3200 MHz
    • By default it was running at 2400 MHz
    • I enabled the default XMP profile via BIOS, and it is running at 3200 MHz now
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo M.2 SSD
  • PSU: 850W 80+ Platinum
This MB has Wifi+BT module built in, and the Bluetooth is occasionally cutting out my mouse's connection while gaming. I am telling this as it might be related.

I have a MEMORY.DMP file in C:\Windows\ but it is HUGE at 1.48 GB. Please tell me if I should upload this one, though it may take a while...

I also have 5 minidumps in C:\Windows\minidump\, each 2-4 MB. The latest of them can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjOgrgBJLmnl5AanHYL-Upl6Ur0c?e=9QoxCu

I suspect the graphics card the most, as I had heard that people are having issues with it. Luckily, I do not have the "fan stuck at 100%" problem, nor "BSoD while gaming", although I am yet to try it on heavy gaming loads.

I would be very happy if we could solve this without introducing further errors.

that stop code isnt even listed in microsoft papers
try running sfc /scannow in CMD

as for that dmp file
BSOD happened due to amdgrfxg.sys file
that would be AMD gpu drivers

feel free to use DDU and install some older driver

btw your OS build number is 18362, that could be also another cause when u mix old windows with never drivers, compatibility issues may happen

ThoAppelsin

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Thank you for the response!

I ran sfc /scannow
It claimed to have fixed some errors that existed, but I have never seen it saying anything else as it finished. The output log is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjOgrgBJLmnl5Ar2bUkHlySq9h0X?e=a6WbvQ

I suspect that my graphics drivers are already old. When I tried Auto-Detect and Install on AMD's support website for RX 5700 XT, it was already suggesting me to update my drivers. I don't want to do it until I hear strongly positive reviews about the drivers, since I've heard many horror stories about the past versions. A simple BSoD (which I hope does not deal any damage to the hardware) only during cold boot and only 25% of the time, is actually manageable.

Isn't my Windows the latest version publicly available? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history#Rings

I am looking forward to 2004 release for the WSL2, but I don't think it is even rumored to release any soon.

ThoAppelsin

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
That's what mine is! I thought My original post says "1909" for my Windows 10 version. Where did you get that mine is 18362?

A screenshot from the Windows 10 Settings > System > About section, showing that my OS version and build are 1909 and 18363.752:

GYegvhr.png

I have just checked the minidump myself using WinDbg, and have seen 18362 multiple times. Why is there such a dispute?