BSOD x124 help

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Sometimes when I play Driver San Francisco I get the BSOD x124 error code, and twice of the three times it occurred it said caused by driver "hal.dll"

I'm wondering if this is definitely a result of low Vcore (since my 2600k is overclocked), or could it be something else? My GPU driver is up to date.

Solution
You can try it and see what happens. It sounds like it's coming from an unstable overclock. You have two choices you can manually go and re-adjust the v core or you can reset the BIOS and start over again.
Two things

1-sptd.sys a huge cause of BSOD's

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads

You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

2-Hardware. This may be being caused by the sptd.sys above but in case it isnt.

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .. A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
well it doesn't say "stop" in front of the bug check code on bluescreenview...
Im going to try lowering my - (negative) offset voltage...

I think it is due to the low vcore since i got bsod's of 0x100 and 0x124 just after i overclocked my cpu.. what do u think?