[SOLVED] BSOD

Gamrus

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows 10 version.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the BSODs.
SPECS
RTX 2060
RYZEN 7 3700X
16gb(8x2)3200mhz cl16
HDD 2tb
SSD 120GB (m.2)
Asus prime pro x570

I looked in event viewer and i checked the bluescreens and before them there is stuff about searchindexer and thats it. Today i found in the event viewer error thats talking about cache is bigger than actual cache in DLL something something. (Google translate : The required buffer size is larger than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the extensible counter DLL C: \ Windows \ System32 \ perfts.dll for LSM. Given Buffer Size: 19800; size required: 34512.)

Ralston18

Titan
And I am wondering about that 120 GB SSD (m.2) That is the boot drive - correct?

How full is the SSD? 120 GB is marginal with respect to supporting Windows10.

A 240 GB should be considered.

However, no harm in waiting for the dump file review and results.

No disagreement with @Colif .

Event Viewer is problematic and does capture a lot of irrelevant events. That is the reason for the focus to be on those events just preceding or corresponding with the BSODs. And Event Viewer's basic structure is neither user friendly nor easy to understand.

Reliability History may often prove more immediately helpful.

Colif

Win 11 Master
until i know what BSOD he has, its all speculation, since there are over 270 codes. Admittedly we only see a small fraction of them in most cases.

120 could work if all you install on it is windows + any applications that need to be reinstalled with win 10. If everything else is on the hdd, its doable. I am only using 77gb on my 250gb ssd, so if you strong and resist installing games on it, it could work. you only get about 112gb on a 120 after formatting, so it is a little squishy.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://discovertpick.htmlpasta.com/

File information:031820-11406-01.dmp (Mar 18 2020 - 14:44:19)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: smartscreen.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 36 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

There are 380+ BSOD error codes. I have 384 documented but there may be more now, there was 30+ new ones the last time I checked if I remember right.

BIOS info was not included in the dump file which can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

Possible motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X570-PRO/
Latest BIOS: 1405

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Last edited:

Gamrus

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
I have latest bios (1405) but i don't know if i had the newest lan drivers but i installed them anyways. And the boot drive (120gb ssd) is almost full (15gb left). So what caused the BSOD ?
And the scarlet crush what is it and how exactly can cause BSOD (I have PS4 controller but i rarely use it on PC).

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://guardablepay.htmlpasta.com/

File information:031920-11593-01 - kopie.dmp (Mar 19 2020 - 15:28:21)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 06 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you don't use the PS4 controller its unlikely it is cause
May 05 2013 ScpVBus.sys Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus driver http://forums.pcsx2.net/
its normally used as the driver in software that runs the controller.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

gardenman

Splendid
It's not malware. It suppose to collect information such as dump files and log files and zip them all up so you can upload them. Here is another thread that is using the tool.

Results from the 2 new dumps: https://bumpkinishgrouse.htmlpasta.com/

File information:032020-11625-01.dmp (Mar 20 2020 - 02:34:17)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: CompatTelRunner.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File information:032020-11484-01.dmp (Mar 20 2020 - 03:06:19)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)

Gamrus

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
The problem is sysnative doesn't do anything for me it just opens up cmd that will immediately dissapear and no zip will be created. I also tried disabling antivirus still sysnative donesn't do anything.