[SOLVED] BSOD

sl60

Reputable
May 20, 2018
I'm using Windows 8.1 on a PC that's about 6 years old. About a month ago I got the BSOD, so I updated the driver and all seemed fixed. But now it's happened again. I re-updated the driver and it's working O.K., but is there anything else I can do if it happens again?

Solution
I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) in the link below.
If you are prompted to "Run only if trusted" simply click play/run and the html will be viewed. This warning is always present.

https://jsfiddle.net/ohfz2ycL/1/show

Summary of findings:
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
In general this stop code is caused by faulty driver code that under certain conditions, does not complete its work within the allotted time frame.

• If a driver is identified in the bug check message, to isolate the issue, disable the driver. Check with the manufacturer for driver updates.
  • Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device or driver that is causing...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I got the BSOD
There is no 1 BSOD. There are many of them, all indicating different things. So we wouldn't be able to really tell what might be causing the issue without more information unfortunately.

Even giving us the dump file could tell us more about the issue you were facing. However if it did indeed pull out a specific driver that was causing the issue, then simply keep it up to date. Of course it also depends on what driver it was.

sl60

Reputable
May 20, 2018
There is no 1 BSOD. There are many of them, all indicating different things. So we wouldn't be able to really tell what might be causing the issue without more information unfortunately.

Even giving us the dump file could tell us more about the issue you were facing. However if it did indeed pull out a specific driver that was causing the issue, then simply keep it up to date. Of course it also depends on what driver it was.

It's the SATA AHCI controller.

I found the minidump file but am unable to open it.

sl60

Reputable
May 20, 2018

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) in the link below.
If you are prompted to "Run only if trusted" simply click play/run and the html will be viewed. This warning is always present.

https://jsfiddle.net/ohfz2ycL/1/show

Summary of findings:
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
In general this stop code is caused by faulty driver code that under certain conditions, does not complete its work within the allotted time frame.

• If a driver is identified in the bug check message, to isolate the issue, disable the driver. Check with the manufacturer for driver updates.
  • Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device or driver that is causing bug check 0x133.
  • Confirm that any new hardware that is installed is compatible with the installed version of Windows. For example, you can get information about required hardware at Windows 10 Specifications.

i have converted the dump file and exported the report, however I will let someone else begin to take this one over for the moment as your parm = 1 which becomes much more complex as it means there is a possibility that multiple DPCs are at play, so it can be much harder to diagnose.

All I will mention is there are references to your I/O and your TCP/IP Drivers which are I/O devices and Network drivers, now whilst Microsoft drivers almost certainly aren't the cause, you may want to look at your I/O devices and third party network drivers and ensure they are all up to date.

In the meantime as I said, I will take a step back for now as I still need more practice with a Bugcheck 133 when Parm 1 = 1. If it was 0, much easier, not as much with a 0.

Solution