[SOLVED] Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesitsme2

Commendable
Sep 26, 2020
Hi,I got 2 random bluescreens in the last 3 days and I don't know what could be causing it.I had problems with bluescreens not so long ago but they stoped once I identified and changed one of the RAM sticks that was broken, I suspected it could be the same issue so I ran memtest64 5 loops and no errors were detected, then I ran intel cpu diagnostic tool and all was fine aswell.

I ran WhoCrashed and it hints that there could be a harware issue, I will attach a screenshot with both https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qOu9DsxFjE4d6R5PMIKS4gtFhUpieRTG?usp=sharing

Now for further details I will tell what I was doing when this 2 Bsod happened, first time I was participating in a google Meet session when suddenly it bluescreened. The second time I was watching an anime episode when again it bluescreened out of nowhere

Solution
I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) in the link below.
If you are prompted to "Run only if trusted" simply click play/run and the html will be viewed. This warning is always present.

Report1: https://jsfiddle.net/jwc17e9g/show
Repot2: https://jsfiddle.net/5mx8kycL/show

Summary of findings:
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
This can be driver or hardware based. If you are encountering other hardware issues, you may have to look at hardware diagnosis.

• Confirm that hardware is compatible with your system.
  • View the third party modules of the report to view which drivers may be misbehaving.
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool or memtest could...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) in the link below.
If you are prompted to "Run only if trusted" simply click play/run and the html will be viewed. This warning is always present.

Report1: https://jsfiddle.net/jwc17e9g/show
Repot2: https://jsfiddle.net/5mx8kycL/show

Summary of findings:
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
This can be driver or hardware based. If you are encountering other hardware issues, you may have to look at hardware diagnosis.

• Confirm that hardware is compatible with your system.
  • View the third party modules of the report to view which drivers may be misbehaving.
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool or memtest could be useful as well to exclude any kind of problem affecting the physical memory modules. This can be driver or hardware based. If you are encountering other hardware issues, you may have to look at hardware diagnosis. - Confirm that hardware is compatible with your system. - View the third party modules of the report to view which drivers may be misbehaving.

There is a bit of a misconception that "Memory_management" means specifically there is a hardware problem relating to your RAM, when this is not the case. That is just one of a few possibilities. Quite often it can just be misbehaving software.

However the fact that it states "Unknown_Module" is a little suspicious and can sometimes indicate a hardware problem.

I would at first port of call update your NVIDIA drivers, simply because there are a couple of new versions according to the timestamp on yours and some people have stated there have been problems with some of them.

I am going to run this by some colleagues but I won't be able to develop much on this further. @Colif may be able to help in the meantime, but he might not as he already is busy enough on these forums!

Last edited:
Reactions: Yesitsme2
Solution

Yesitsme2

Commendable
Sep 26, 2020

Summary of findings:

There is a bit of a misconception that "Memory_management" means specifically there is a hardware problem relating to your RAM, when this is not the case. That is just one of a few possibilities. Quite often it can just be misbehaving software.

However the fact that it states "Unknown_Module" is a little suspicious and can sometimes indicate a hardware problem.

I would at first port of call update your NVIDIA drivers, simply because there are a couple of new versions according to the timestamp on yours and some people have stated there have been problems with some of them.

I am going to run this by some colleagues but I won't be able to develop much on this further. @Colif may be able to help in the meantime, but he might not as he already is busy enough on these forums!
I don't know if this would help you but my webcam, after finishing a zoom conference or another type causes freezes to the program, for example if I finished a zoom meeting and I want to enter another, zoom will freeze until I unplug the camera, then I have to reconnect it to work, this is the reason I try to avoid using it until I buy a new one, could this be the "unknown module"?

Thank you very much!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I don't know if this would help you but my webcam, after finishing a zoom conference or another type causes freezes to the program, for example if I finished a zoom meeting and I want to enter another, zoom will freeze until I unplug the camera, then I have to reconnect it to work, this is the reason I try to avoid using it until I buy a new one, could this be the "unknown module"?

Thank you very much!
It could well be the camera driver misbehaving. That is useful information I believe. It could also be a network interaction causing something, as network drivers can so often cause an issue, but there is nothing glaringly obvious as of yet that would point to that, outside of the fact that yours are out of date (It would appear) as I would imagine there is a version newer than 05/09/2019.

What camera make/model is it?

Yesitsme2

Commendable
Sep 26, 2020
It could well be the camera driver misbehaving. That is useful information I believe. It could also be a network interaction causing something, as network drivers can so often cause an issue, but there is nothing glaringly obvious as of yet that would point to that, outside of the fact that yours are out of date (It would appear) as I would imagine there is a version newer than 05/09/2019.

What camera make/model is it?
Sandberg usb webcam 1080p hd
https://sandberg.world/en-us/support/usb-webcam-1080p-hd?from=helpdesk

Status
Not open for further replies.