Jul 19, 2020
Hi my pc keeps blue screening randomly with the error irql not less or equal tried SFC scan now found validation errors and said were fixed it blue screens randomly and sometimes does it in a loop of about 8 times tried re installing windows still same issue first error after windows re instalatlion was kernel security check failure then the same blue screen irql not less or equal the computer doesnt crash under load tarkov was running for 9-10 hours no crash benchmark0ing utilities show normal results tried reseating gpu reseating ram tried different motherboard slots different pcie slot tried running memory test drive check all no problems tried cmos reset all parts are new enough about 6 months old temperatures seem normal cpu under 100 percent load like 70 degress and gpu under full becnhmark load 69 degrees system specs. Event viewer report after todays crash The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 4 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.
Motherboard: MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit Ver.2009 (OS build 19042.630)
BIOS Version: 1.30
BIOS Release Date: 10/10/2020
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz
Memory: 16 GB @
  • 8 GB DDR4-2133, 04CD F4-3600C18-8GTZRX
  • 8 GB DDR4-2133, 04CD F4-3600C18-8GTZRX
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, 8192 MB
VBIOS Version: 90.04.76.80.0B
Drive: SSD, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB, 931.51 GB
Drive: SSD, CT500MX500SSD1, 465.76 GB
Network: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850w gold

[mod edit - removed link to deleted post]

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
can you run this as well - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/ - it will create a zip file, can you upload it to same place as minidump files

what headset do you own? since its mentioned in an error, could be cause of errors.

error irql not less or equal
can be caused by old drivers, or bad memory. How did you test it before?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Jul 19, 2020
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArQ4rTp7iy96mx7f_uPKwATfThcY?e=h8vcef and https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArQ4rTp7iy96mx8KcNN20jzXAGI7?e=rzEPss . Hi yes i have run memtest 86 for 3 hours no errors but every time i turn on xmp pc crashes with the error message overclock failed
even tho before xmp used to work perfectly , i have reinstalled windows , the other testing i have is using burner test such furmark and kombustir checking my temps running intel processor diagnostic no errors , i tried swapping dimm slots booting 1 dimm slot at a time checking drives for errors , tried cmd commands such as sfc scannow , chdsk /f /r , updating all drivers . The headset i use Razer Krakens 7.1 tournament edition

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
ram is on mb support list, rated as 3600 so it should run in XMP.

If XMP does not work, you need to take note of the RAM XMP settings and manually overclock to those settings, then start to reduce the frequency until it works.
Once you have done that you can experiment reducing the timing then the voltage of the RAM to get them as low as possible.

I will ask a friend to convert dumps, I will look at the sysnative results at the same time as his conversion.

Jul 19, 2020
ram is on mb support list, rated as 3600 so it should run in XMP.

I will ask a friend to convert dumps, I will look at the sysnative results at the same time as his conversion.
thank you very much as this has been wrecking my head for weeks now

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/bds62L9c/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:111520-9343-01.dmp (Nov 15 2020 - 14:55:35)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File information:111520-8531-01.dmp (Nov 15 2020 - 15:03:10)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

File information:111520-8406-01.dmp (Nov 15 2020 - 14:58:47)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)

File information:111520-8203-01.dmp (Nov 15 2020 - 14:49:37)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

File information:111420-8031-01.dmp (Nov 13 2020 - 21:56:04)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

File information:111420-7531-01.dmp (Nov 14 2020 - 10:52:52)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 12 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)

File information:111420-7265-01.dmp (Nov 14 2020 - 12:06:43)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 41 Min(s), and 02 Sec(s)

File information:111320-6968-01.dmp (Nov 12 2020 - 19:39:53)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 42 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:111220-8250-01.dmp (Nov 12 2020 - 16:57:07)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 17 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-Z490-TOMAHAWK
You have the latest BIOS installed, version 1.3.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
thank you for the help @gardenman if someone knows whats the next step to fix these issues i would really appreciate the help
I was typing :)

Are you overclocked? If so, remove it as it can be cause of BSOD.

I used to like IRQ errors, I used to think they were easy but back then it was so hit and miss to actually get a driver name in crashes. Now I see its about 10% of them that actually show a driver name and I was just more patient in the past. None of yours did and I can't identify a pattern in them to see what might be cause.

Many of them happened after the processor discovered it needed to get info off page file. This is a normal thing for windows to do so not really a sign of anything really.

sysnative shows Windows User-Mode Driver Framework Host problems alongside almost every BSOD. So it is a driver most likely, just which one?

Do you have Dragon Centre installed? Does it have a driver updater inside it? MSI motherboards used to get Live Update 6 but I believe it was replaced by Dragon Centre. I see a few drivers that are either MSI Afterburner or Dragon Centre. I only ask as its possible cause is an old driver.

we have seen these cause bsod recently
Nov 16 2018logi_core_temp.sysLogitech G HUB driver https://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/lghub
Nov 20 2018logi_joy_bus_enum.sysLogitech Joystick driver
Nov 20 2018logi_joy_xlcore.sysLogitech Joystick driver

newer version of this on MSI website - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-Z490-TOMAHAWK#down-driver&Win10 64
Nov 18 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver
newer versions of the Intel LAN drivers there as well.
newer version of Intel Management Engine Interface on MSI link above

Probably newer version of Icue, I just got version 3.35.152. Corsair Service Display adapter crashes on my pc, I see its the same on yours too.

Jul 19, 2020
I was typing :)

Are you overclocked? If so, remove it as it can be cause of BSOD.

I used to like IRQ errors, I used to think they were easy but back then it was so hit and miss to actually get a driver name in crashes. Now I see its about 10% of them that actually show a driver name and I was just more patient in the past. None of yours did and I can't identify a pattern in them to see what might be cause.

Many of them happened after the processor discovered it needed to get info off page file. This is a normal thing for windows to do so not really a sign of anything really.

sysnative shows Windows User-Mode Driver Framework Host problems alongside almost every BSOD. So it is a driver most likely, just which one?

Do you have Dragon Centre installed? Does it have a driver updater inside it? MSI motherboards used to get Live Update 6 but I believe it was replaced by Dragon Centre. I see a few drivers that are either MSI Afterburner or Dragon Centre. I only ask as its possible cause is an old driver.

we have seen these cause bsod recently
Nov 16 2018logi_core_temp.sysLogitech G HUB driver https://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/lghub
Nov 20 2018logi_joy_bus_enum.sysLogitech Joystick driver
Nov 20 2018logi_joy_xlcore.sysLogitech Joystick driver

newer version of this on MSI website - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-Z490-TOMAHAWK#down-driver&Win10 64
Nov 18 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver
newer versions of the Intel LAN drivers there as well.
newer version of Intel Management Engine Interface on MSI link above

Probably newer version of Icue, I just got version 3.35.152. Corsair Service Display adapter crashes on my pc, I see its the same on yours too.

hi yes i use dragon center for all my drivers like chipset lan and raeltek drivers as well whenever i see a new bios i use dragon center to update my bios instaed of just downaloding from msi website and then through usb. Im running everything stock no oc. I have been having this blue screen issue for a while now like a month maybe more but now a lot more frequently.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You have an unknown device on root/system/0001 - do you have any problem devices showing in device manager?

Its not the headset as it can identify it.

Strange I don't see synapse in the list of 3rd party drivers in dump and yet you have razer headset, and razer drivers installed (I can see them in the sysnative files) . I would have thought it would use synapse like almost everything else razer has.

some of the more recent app crashes have been parts of razer drivers. Game Manager Service.exe and THXService.exe are both parts of razer. Might help to install or update synapse.

Jul 19, 2020
yes there is one problem showing in device manager its hid compliant headset i have tried reinstalling razer. When i reinstalled windows i didnt have my headset plugged and no razer drivers installed in and it crashed

Colif

Win 11 Master
Fair enough, I was just trying to figure out causes. Synapse is main reason I don't use any razer hardware. Good idea not having headset attached during install as I have seen synapse try to install itself during a win 10 update. So it might not be cause of the errors but its acting strange.

its not common to see Windows User-Mode Driver Framework Host problems alongside almost every BSOD. I am not sure how to figure out what is cause there. its also possible it is just an event that happened at start up, the place i am looking at is recording events after they happen so I might not be reading it right. It could be unrelated but everytime seems too much of a coincidence.

The UMDF supports the development of drivers for protocol-based or serial-bus-based devices, such as USB devices and network-connected devices. For example, drivers for the following types of devices can be written in user mode:

Portable storage devices, such as PDAs and cell phones

Portable media players

USB bulk transfer devices

Auxiliary display/video devices

The device can be directly connected, connected on the network, or connected via a wireless protocol such as Bluetooth.

link to word doc

wonder if headsets fall into that category. I can see some but nothing concrete.
You got anything else that fits into the categories?

Jul 19, 2020
not really to be honest not really else connected besides mouse , keyboard , and headset also my monitor is connected to pc with this iswell 1x USB 2.0 Type B (PC to Monitor)

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
not really to be honest not really else connected besides mouse , keyboard , and headset also my monitor is connected to pc with this iswell 1x USB 2.0 Type B (PC to Monitor)
I assume monitor also attached via another cable. Not sure what USB cable would be for that runs to monitor.

honestly so lost at this point
sorry, i overlooked your thread last few days.

If you are getting BSOD still, please supply the new dump files as one of them may actually show a driver name.

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/52r1cfmq/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:111820-7921-01.dmp (Nov 18 2020 - 09:16:16)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 58 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:111820-7218-01.dmp (Nov 18 2020 - 11:10:57)
Probably caused by:hardware (Process: iCUE.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:111820-6796-01.dmp (Nov 18 2020 - 09:25:07)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:111820-6781-01.dmp (Nov 18 2020 - 10:32:42)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File information:111820-6750-01.dmp (Nov 18 2020 - 10:13:43)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: Corsair.Servic)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 48 Min(s), and 16 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
  1. update Icue, it crashed twice but i am not saying it was cause. There should be a newer version. latest version is 3.35.152
  2. update intel management engine interface, newer version on motherboard website - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-Z490-TOMAHAWK#down-driver&Win10 64
  3. update realtek lan drives, choose 3rd link down under windows - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
  4. new version of intel lan drivers on motherboard website
  5. update razer synapse if you can

corsair driver blowing up the stack and overwriting system memory.
I would locate Corsair.service.exe and make sure the version matches the versions of all of the other corsair drivers

if this is running on a usb port, you might want to put it on its own USB hub, one that is not getting much use.
for example, you could put all of your other devices on a usb 3 hub and put the corsair device on the USB 2.x hub so no other usb device will cause problems with it.

to debug this problem you would have to have a kernel memory dump and look at the internal USB logs.

Colif

Win 11 Master
To help him out, we need to change what type of dump the system is creating. currently its small memory dump

so if you go here - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html
and then click on Have Windows Create a Kernel Memory Dump on BSOD

it appears it uses the memory.dmp file so I don't know if it recreates it or adds to it. file might be larger than last ones.

wait for crash and uplaod it as usual.

To help him out, we need to change what type of dump the system is creating. currently its small memory dump

so if you go here - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html
and then click on Have Windows Create a Kernel Memory Dump on BSOD

it appears it uses the memory.dmp file so I don't know if it recreates it or adds to it. file might be larger than last ones.

wait for crash and uplaod it as usual.

just one thing, corsair service started the crash but right before the actual crash there was a call to the registry.
the crash could happen if you have anti virus software blocking access.
nt!VrpRegistryString was called with no response shown. system was up for 18 minutes.
you might stop any antivirus program and see if you still bugcheck. starting and stopping the corsair service might force a bugcheck.

guess it could be a side effect of something Spybot Anti-Beacon is doing. just don't know enough about the tool.

note: logs show that
The Razer Chroma SDK Server service terminated unexpectedly
it did this and was restarted 58 times in 18 minutes.
also shows repeated errors to (most likely blocked)
A fatal error occurred when attempting to access the TLS server credential private key.
The error code returned from the cryptographic module is 0x8009030D. The internal error state is 10001.
info on what it is used for:
TLS Delegated Credentials to Protect Private Keys on Web Servers | Decipher (duo.com)

here is microsoft info on schannel:
Schannel Events | Microsoft Docs

edit: note: looked like xeon e3 1200/1500 v5 cpu
overclock driver installed, 2 antivirus software running.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS