[SOLVED] BSOD

lvialpando

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Over the last few months i have been getting several BSOD with different codes such as Kernel security check failure, IQRL not less or equal dpc watchdog violation among others that i cannot recall. I am at a loss for how to fix these issues. I jsut reinstalled WIndows this morning and i am on the verge of flashing my BIOS as advised by my MOBO manufacturer. If anyone can help here, that would be great.

Solution
I am a little confused. Is this another file i need from my manufacturer?
no, but when you update the bios you should also look at the motherboard drivers list and see if any have been updated.
sometimes when they make changes/ fixes to the bios for USB or sata problems they will update the drivers at the same time.
you should take a look at the drivers for your motherboard. if it is for something you are not using like then you don't need to install them.

in your case ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS
you have new chipset drivers dated 2020/12/04
new gpu drivers 2020/12/04
and a SATA driver 2020/10/27

the beta bios indicates :
2. It’s highly recommended not to update this beta BIOS when...

lvialpando

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Update: After flashing my BIOS yesterday my system seemed fine, i went to boot it this morning and recieved IRQL not less or equal, Driver IRQL not less or equal, and kernel security check failure.

I am a little confused. Is this another file i need from my manufacturer?
no, but when you update the bios you should also look at the motherboard drivers list and see if any have been updated.
sometimes when they make changes/ fixes to the bios for USB or sata problems they will update the drivers at the same time.
you should take a look at the drivers for your motherboard. if it is for something you are not using like then you don't need to install them.

in your case ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS
you have new chipset drivers dated 2020/12/04
new gpu drivers 2020/12/04
and a SATA driver 2020/10/27

the beta bios indicates :
2. It’s highly recommended not to update this beta BIOS when using AMD AM4 Socket for AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series/ 2000 Series/ 1000 Series/ A-Series Desktop Processors.

I think that is a new message

Solution

TRENDING THREADS