[SOLVED] BSODs because my cpu is incompatible?

Nov 22, 2020
Hi everyone I have an issue with BSODs and I custom built my pc with the help of microcenter. But on pcpartpicker it says " Warning! Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions." I have an AORUS B450 Pro Wifi motherboard and the AMD 5 3600 cpu. Is this what is causing my BSODs? and if so can anyone help with the process of updating my BIOS because I looked into it and it looks really hard.

Solution
The warning you have on PCPartpicker is just telling you that some B450 motherboard doesn't have the BIOS version needed for motherboard to support Ryzen 3000.

If your system boot and you have a signal then the BIOS version needed is installed. It would have been a black screen if the board did not have that version.

Can you please give us your entire system specs including PSU brand and model?
The warning you have on PCPartpicker is just telling you that some B450 motherboard doesn't have the BIOS version needed for motherboard to support Ryzen 3000.

If your system boot and you have a signal then the BIOS version needed is installed. It would have been a black screen if the board did not have that version.

Can you please give us your entire system specs including PSU brand and model?

Solution